1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You guys are better than this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JordanL, Jul 12, 2014.

1. JordanL

JordanL Member

****, this season hasn't even started. As pleased personally as I may be about not having to face a COMPLETELY unfair Houston team...

Look at my Blazers. Last off season everyone thought that we barely did anything. But look what happened. The right tiny piece plus an extra year of chemistry and growth for our players turned us into a team that went places.

This season hasn't even started.

C'mon clutch city, this is pathetic. You guys are better than this and you know it. Yeah, this sucks, I get that. I'm not going to give you fake sympathy or pretend to feel your pain, but same thing happened with us with Hedo (although not the same quality of signing) years ago.

But you guys know that you have a decent team already, and you know that Morey knows how to run a team. Have a night to lick your wounds, but c'mon. You guys have been here before.

You guys got ****-blocked from making what would have been the ABSOLUTE BEST POSSIBLE off-season... oh well. Guess what, that isn't the ******* end of it. Not only do you have Morey who still knows how to run a team, you have either cap space for a day, or TPE's + MLE/BAE after.

And seriously, the TPE's might be more valuable to a guy like Morey anyway. That way he's dealing with other GMs, not players and agents.

I know tonight is all about getting it out, and having a good cry, and that's great. But Houston was better than this, even after the end of the series our two teams fought this year.

5 people like this.
  2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

A blazers fan trying to console us?

What?

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hey thanks, your team has made our entire fan base question the validity of our whole franchise's future. You come off as a very level headed fan and it's nice to see people from other fan bases join in on the chat.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind and true words, Jordan. It is hard to have perspective when you are in the middle of a **** storm.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Preciate' the kind words. I'll keep my opinions out of this thread since you made a sincere effort.

6. JordanL

JordanL Member

Playoffs are over. As long as your team doesn't say "Lakers" on the uniforms, that means all hard feelings are gone, at least on my end.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Got to agree with the man. Everyone's so emo these days. . . .

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Blazer fans are true bros

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

That was cute.
    Now get lost.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they're really not.

11. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

I heard we're going after Aldridge

12. Remii

Remii Member

Would you guys be interested in Howard for LMA...?

He already owns the Rockets so he may as well be one.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its a good message but the issue is two fold- A. The Rockets still don't know what the situation is going to end up being with Parsons (losing him unnecessarily is a killer) and B. We don't yet have a hinderance of what those small moves would be.

Seeing is believing. And with this GM its always about holding back on the now to collect for the big move in the future.

I think most fans here would have voted back in May to keep this team together as is, and bring in quality role players rather than gut the team and swing for the fences. Most of everyone here knew that was a high risk scenario that could backfire.

The worst case scenario pretty much happened to the T thus far, and most people here like myself think that swinging for the fences actually has thus far hurt their ability to bring in quality role players.

However.... the good news is Morey still has time left to makeup for this blunder & get the team back focused on who they are and what they could be with another year together & better supporting pieces. Its hard to be optimistic but I'm trying.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, thanks.

Hopefully you are talking some fans off the ledge, and there's really no upside in it for you. Undoubtedly a couple of people will even lash out at you for it. As a Rockets fan I appreciate the effort.

Thumbs up for classy fans of other teams.

15. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Great post and repped. Strange how privileged posters forget the Rockets are and think they should be. Looks like lakersground at times around here.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

How sweet of someone who's clearly reveling in our misery right now to come here and give us a pep talk. :rolleyes:

17. JordanL

JordanL Member

Last off season quite possibly, actually. But Aldridge came out pretty hard last week for staying in Portland, and Olshey isn't a guy to really rock the boat unless he's hitting a grand slam.

18. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Thanks man. Blazer fans are classy.

19. JordanL

JordanL Member

It was fantastic schadenfreude. But I honestly thought Houston and Houston fans wouldn't be so crippled by it. :/

My initial reaction was schadenfreude, but I've gotten more and more depressed about it as I've seen the reactions from fans and their complete loss of faith in their players and front office.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I'm nit better than this