1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just lost Lin, Asik, and Chandler for nothing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchize, Jul 11, 2014.

1. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am sure Clutch is happier that the LOFs are gone more than Lin + pick are gone.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We still have a very good starting five if we match Chandler. If Nick Johnson works out for use at backup point that'd be awesome.

3. sun12

sun12 Member

Lin is not worth the contract. But wait, Rox paid Lin 5 mil each for the first 2 years, and Lakers will pay him 15 mil for his 3rd year.

5 mil per for 2 years, with 12ppg, not that bad a deal.

4. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

One reason I'm mad Lin is gone without getting bosh is lin was are second closer, with Howard not being able to touch the ball in the last 5 min., we needed Lin to take the pressure(and double teaming) off harden

Who knows how many games bev or harden will miss this year , both there styles of play attract injury too

Don't care about lofs, I just ignore them, but to give a solid player up and picks for nothing is stupid, hopefully the next 2 days Morey does something, it's looking bleak right now

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The first and second round picks are definitely losses. Lin not so much. I would anticipate that the Rockets could fill his role on the cheap... there are a lot of guards who can come in and score. Lin may be a little better but the difference wouldn't be that big. Asik is more unique and will be tougher to replace, in my opinion.

6. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I think the loss is we gave up more than we needed to in order to move him. He would have been a push at the trade deadline and we wouldn't have lost our 2015 first rounder. Also while he was still around he was a valuable 6th man who is the only other creator. Also trading him early to the lakers means we can't use him in other possible trades.

7. 9495

9495 Member

Morey just made 3 TOs in a roll, he should trade himself for a bag of potatos.

8. dantian

dantian Member

You are all wrong! Without Lin and LOF as distraction on and off the court, iso-Harden will be even more effective to close the game by himself!:grin:

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

"3 TOs in a roll?"
    [​IMG]

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Most people on here will deny it...but I certainly think the Rockets, if they enter the season, basically, as is, are a worse team than they were last year.

Jeremy was insurance if Harden or Bev got injured. He was also one of the few guys who can create a bit off the dribble...I love Howard..but he has never been a guy you could consistently go to late....Hedo was the guy a lot of times in Orlando, late in games.

Omer, is a defensive and rebounding presence, I expect him to average around 10 and 10 on his new team.

Parsons, I'm just going to assume will be brought back, but if not...you just kissed goodbye your 3rd best player.

11. SuperManRocketz

damn JLin is laughing at all the haters right now..JLin was part of the reason why Houston Rockets made it to the playoffs..He contributed and work so hard for you guys and what he get in return is a big *** you ..I hope rockets will still make it to the playoffs but houston fans here are idiots..

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Didn't like losing the draft picks, but Lin is easier to replace than Asik imo. Who we can still keep or trade.

Losing Chandler will be the tough one. Can we match and facilitate a S&T for him? Not sure.

The summer's not over but we definitely are at a disadvantage so far and are worse as a team at the moment.

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Pretty much.

14. N/A

N/A Member

so Lin for 3 years/25 mil is overpaid but Parsons at 3 years/45 isn't? Hmm.....

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Show me one person that said Parsons isn't overpaid.

16. texansalltheway

At least nick Johnson has been a tiny glimmer of hope in this depressing offseason

17. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Lin got a fat paycheck in return for his 'hard work'. By the way, hard work is not a synonym for accomplishment. Problem is he did not live up to his billing.

It's obvious you are a emotionally attached to Lin. That makes it hard for you to see that he wasn't that good, not $25 million good.

18. Deniz

Deniz Member

I think Rockets should keep Asik.

19. verysimplejason

Cuban. :rolleyes:

20. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Lin and Asik was gone no matter what..so glad there gone...we gain a solid pick from New Orleans.. The Chandler Max plus 15% trade kicker..hurts with that pkayer option..cant get value from him..but ohh well this FA is full of wings with value... I say trade Harden for Love sign Lance Stevenson and Mike Miller and Ariza and either get Taj Gibson or Dunleavy...