1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We just lost Lin, Asik, and Chandler for nothing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchize, Jul 11, 2014.

1. split41

split41 Member

oh ok cool, thanks for clearing that up

2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The diary title provides an accurate summary of the state of things for the Rockets.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Get back to me when you can creat a thread with more fact than fiction.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Only it doesn't at all.

We gained a ton of cap space. What we do with that space is really the key.

Moved a guy who wanted to go and moved another that probably wanted a fresh start.

We likely won't be losing Parsons.

We gained a likely lotto pick.

5. Amir's Johnson

No matter what I'm glad we have Harden who will lure Durant next year.

6. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

Since the Adik trade isn't official trade him for millsap?

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Its all good bro....... we have options... we will be ok. Patience is gonna be a key. We aint have Asik most of the season and lin was trash but we still managed to do good. Now its gonna be a youth movement with 2 superstars. I dont wanna match parsons, so we can have cap flexibility going forward... Durant, Love, Rando, Westbrook all coming up on FA.

The team gonna have a year together under their belt, and they are gonna get better individually as well. So that can go a long way for the team, especially with jones and daniels. We will see tho, we have taken a little step back, but lets see if they have improved. I know Morey gonna be working around the clock to make this team better.... I have a feeling they might match parsons.

8. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Do you really think we have two superstars? I think Howard is but Harden is a one way player. He's a smaller version of Melo, and if Melo is no superstar then mini Melo is no superstar.

9. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Rumourville he is joining LBJ in Cleveland.

10. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It would probably be silly to match now though. Let's stick the mavs with parsons at the max. Let them be tied up with no place to go for 3 years.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

What has it really cost Houston? Rockets traded two expirings who weren't going to be resigned for a likely lottery pick and created 20+ mil in cap space that I'd be shocked isnt used on one or two equally productive players over the next 48 hours.

They swung for the fences and hit it too the warning track. It happens. Not as doom and gloom as many on here believe.

Parsons will be matched. Not worried.

Furthermore they still retain room exceptions that would be lost signing Bosh outright.

Have faith in Morey. 48 hours with things in motion is a lot of time.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Chandler could still be kept. You do still have to fill the backup center spot, and that's going to be interesting. Lin is no real loss, in my opinion.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

why do you think nothing can happen in 48 hours? you think the rockets are like "oh well, we struck out on the dude that was available for 5 hours, i guess we gotta blow up the team!"

have faith. something will happen.

14. do work son

do work son Member

no. we "lost lin and asik" for 16 million in cap space. we can sign FAs before sunday and match parsons, or match parsons then use the MLE, BAE, and have a pretty big TPE. the sky isn't quite falling yet.

15. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Chris Bosh is now on top of my hate list now!

16. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Tomorrow Morey could make a trade for Rondo or another top level player, or he could sign Deng or Ariza to play the stretch 4.After that he matches Parsons deal and we are quite a bit better than last year. Resign daniels and get a backup Center and things will be looking up. With all our cap room now, Sunday night is still a longways away. The reason Morey contacts so many Free Agents is to plant the seed for moments like today.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why cause he choose 30 million extra from the team he won two championships with in the city he and his family are happy and familiar with? Get over it already.

I don't see how losing out on a longshot like Bosh to begin with is really what makes this a disaster of an offseason.

Rockets traded two expirings, gained a likely lottery pick and have the cap space two sign one or two equally productive players for the next few years. That really seems like it makes the team stronger moving forward.

Parsons should be matched.

18. recadna

recadna Member

I know you never like Lin, but how can you say he is no real loss. I am not talking about the first round pick we gave up or his production which is not bad for a sixth man. Just his expiring contract is worth a lot in a S & T next season.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

We keep our cap space after matching Parsons?

20. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

If we dont fill that cap space with a player or players, Parsons will take up that cap room.