1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 11, 2014.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would make Gasol a giant offer for two years and then have lots and lots of space available for Keving Durant. (So, he could break our hearts in 2016).

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Re-signing him only makes sense, if we can get an upgrade at the 4 or a player like Deng first. I didn't include Melo, because there is hardly any chance of him joining us.

I still feel that 15M plus is too much for Parsons.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That's what I'm saying ... we can out bid contenders, and we provide a better situation then the Lakers.

Also, It doesn't look like Pau and Howard left off on bad terms. Based on some of his quotes from least off-season.

We can also go down the Ryan Anderson path. He can stretch the court and has chemistry with Dwight. It's just all about his health.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm glad at least a couple of posters are trying in here, lol. And for all those who say we lost assets: Omer was traded for a good 1st rounder. Lin was a negative asset due to his contract and had to be traded for a low 1st rounder. We still have $18M to spend to ACQUIRE ASSETS. 1 Bosh = 2 or 3 other players on good deals. Bad deals become negative assets, so as long as the contracts aren't too crazy, we still can acquire more assets to maintain roster flexibility if the team sucks in the future.

5. micah1j

micah1j Member

Don't we still have the trade exceptions of 8.4 million each from the Asik & Lin trades to use for a whole year?

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Thank you! Leave it to 99ers to be the voices of reason ;)

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Lakers and Mavs among teams strongly pursuing Deng. But source describes his options today as: &quot;Miami, Miami and Miami.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/487728512871059456">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I brought this up the other day as a backup. The Rockets MUST do this if they can bring him in and match Parsons in time.

Anderson isn't Bosh defensively at the 4, but offensively is even better than Bosh.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yeah i guess all is not a total loss. We have dwight and harden, and possibly parsons, those can be our big 3 and we can make a solid playoff run with those guys. Aything extra at this point is an bonus like a solid 4 or PG which we need right now.

10. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I agree with half the board in letting Parson's walk. He is not worth $15 million a year. We should continue to develop Terrence Jones, sign Ryan Hollins as tall athletic backup. I would then offer Trevor Ariza a 3 year $36 million contract. I would also reach out to Jerryd Bayless as a offensive back up to Patrick Beverly. There are so many ways to improve our team and people forget that we already have 2 superstars. Our bench was absolutely horrible last year. Hollins can back up Jones and Dwight. Bayless is a great option for Beverly. We have Troy Daniels for Harden. We still have money to sign someone at the vet minimum....Oh, we also have our draft picks from this year. ***** Bosh, he screwed us again but we should tear a hole into their a$$e$ when we play them next season.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Morey just got knocked down twice in the eleventh round. Losing badly on the cards. Needs a knockout to win.

12. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

I say sign Ed Davis and Deng and match parsons should be able to get both for what we were willing to give Bosh. Remember Ed was once the reason The Grizz wanted to trade Zbo. Or Go get Rondo asap or Love there are no other options.

13. tharges

tharges Member

Rondo and Bass? Sign birdman

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I don't won't Deng. His body is unreliable. He is always injured; his frail frame and magnetically injurious personality is something we don't want. I think he is as overrated as Parson's.

15. texansalltheway

Snatch Ryan Anderson, sign and trade for Bledsoe, resign parsons, add depth

16. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Just a nightmare offseason so far for us. Lose asik and lin for nothing, Parsons is getting paid and we either let him walk or overpay him. sigh

17. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I really like Bledsoe, but our greatest need is a taller power forward and backup center to Howard. Beverly is doing a decent job at starting.

18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but won't Howard be 33 by then?

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

With the way the salary cap and a possible lockout in the near future, i believe Morey is in a win now mode. i can't blame him for going after the biggest free agents. Players are taking shorter contracts....I dont blame him at all. The biggest free agent on the market that we can possible get is probably Gasol. He had better numbers than Bosh last year.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Modify the NO trade to be for Ryan Anderson.

Use the Lin money to sign Trevor Ariza.

Match Parsons and Daniels

Beverley / Brooks / Cannan
    Harden / Daniels
    Parsons / Ariza
    Anderson / Jones
    Howard / Motie

7-8 deep.

Not sexy, but fills shores up your weaknesses.