1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

he told him he had made some set plays in the off season for him and to expect 8 shots from him all from three point land.:p

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

No. Not matching Parsons doesn't give us more capspace until monday. So today and tomorrow we can use our space to add players worth 16 million or so and still keep Parsons. That way we'd also have a trade chip in Parsons - and we'd actually have a team that can compete.

Not matching him would mean, that we only have that 18 million in capspace. MAtching him would mean we have him plus 16 million. The second option makes for the better team...

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Maybe we were leverage for Bosh to get that max deal from Miami all along. Maybe he reneg'd at the last minute. Either way, this hurts our team. But it could be a blessing in disguise. Bosh is hardly worth that max contract, not to Miami, probably not to us either.

Remember how bleak our offseason looked when the Gasol trade was vetoed? It turned out pretty darn good for us. We land Harden that offseason, Howard the next. Bosh would improve us now, but this offseason isn't over yet.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Wow, someone that actually support racism.
    And how do you know I'm LOF? Prove? You guys are hurt because Bosh resign with Miami lol.

If you think i'm LOF, you're DEAD wrong buddy.

5. rokit

rokit Member

this **** is unheard of, i really feel bad for Morey and the whole front office :(

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL would you guys have sympathy if some guy came out and said "This team promised to draft me with their late 1st round pick and they didnt!!" Doubt it!

I'm sure Lin was told he was the PG of the future. Things change.

7. treeman

treeman Member

I would have to say that if it's true that Morey had a verbal - and I believe it is, no way he makes the Lin trade if he didn't - then Bosh's agent should be blacklisted from here to eternity from doing any deals with Houston FO.

There's nothing we can really do other than that and spread the word that he can't be trusted. That is a f*ed up way to do business.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Bosh's agent Henry Thomas on Rockets:&quot;They made a tremendous effort &amp; Daryl(Morey) was completely professional in his approach&quot;(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/487731296009875456">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Henry Thomas, Chris Bosh's agent, on the Rockets: &quot;Both Chris and I were impressed with the Rockets interest &amp; professionalism.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/487731378050453504">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

When you tell a team that has to move players to make space that you are coming, that is completely different from telling a prospect hey i'm really interested etc.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

(more...)

But Bosh isn't really a professional and I'm what most people outsider considers a "sleazy agent", so really, oral commitments mean nothing to us.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Bosh not coming is disappointing. Not the end of the world guys. We still have Harden and Howard, which is the envy of many teams (to even have a big two).

Parson was underpaid when he was with us; so he's finally getting his money. Can't hate on him for that.

Regarding Lin, I get the whole LOH thing, but jeeze show some class. He played hard for us. He didn't complain when he was benched. Sometimes have to separate the player from his fans. Morey unloaded Lin on his 3rd yera and he gets to go home; so it's a win-win for both.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thanks bro.
    Next time don't make empty promises. What a douche.
    Makes sense that piece of **** from Dallas.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao ok..

14. Mr Chuck Norris

**** you and your agent Bosh

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

you reap what you sow. ever since Scola's release, I have complained numerous times in the past that Morey treats players like numbers on a sheet and doesn't give a crap about things like legacy. Some of us Rox fans proudly approve of this view of our players as nothing more than assets.

Knowing this, why the heck wouldn't Chandler Parsons go for the most money even though it screwed us up. Why the hell wouldn't Bosh take the bigger contract from his home team? You treat players like disposable pieces, you will get the exact same treatment back

16. CertifiedTroll

I feel low right now.

17. daytripper

daytripper Member

You win some..you lose some. At least Morey was in the game. He got the big prize the last 2 years (Harden, Howard). It just wasn't meant to be this year although I'm sure he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. The roster isn't complete yet.

That whole '03 draft class (Bron, Melo, Bosh, Wade) are just a bunch of divas..they don't wanna be here, fine. Look at the bright side...the Rockets still look much better than that Laker roster. Those fans are really upset.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL. When is the last time the Knicks won a championship again?

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You're on a roll with your disgusting insults today.

Ignore list

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Man FK U AND UR GAY CLIENT.