1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jeremy Lin, 2015 first round pick to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

?

Do you like the move to trade Jeremy Lin & future first to LA?

1. YES

84.8%
  2. NO

15.2%
  1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I can't think of a better team to trade the LOFs to.* Well done.

*maybe the Jazz

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rockets managed to avoid paying 30 million for Lin and Asik while getting a probable lottery pick and losing a maybe 28th pick.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Omg I'm crying laughing

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think this is a big mistake especially since i heard miami just offered bosh the max. Noone considering that bosh may stay in miami?

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

I love Jeremy Lin. He went through a lot. He was, admittedly, sometimes a frustrating player. He came to Houston expecting to be the primary playmaker and ballhandler. Then we got James Harden, that has the same strengths as Lin, just does them better. That isn't a knock against Lin, Harden does the skills better than just about anyone else in the entire NBA.

That must have been frustrating for Lin, but even after that, he always seemed to respond with class. Never heard any reports of him doing anything disruptive to our team chemistry. A friend knows him a little bit and has always said that he is a good dude.

He does have some crazy fans that could be frustrating. But I hope that we were able to separate Jeremy Lin, the player and the person, from Jeremy Lin's fans.

I am so excited to trade him to LA! That is the best move for the Rockets to clear up the space and create the NBA's best starting 5, but I think it will also be a good fit for Lin to be in LA. He is from California and should fit into what LA's plans are.

Wishing Jeremy Lin all the best!

Now, let's sign Chris Bosh and seriously compete for a championship!

6. supdudes

supdudes Member

Jeremy Lin is from LA isn't he?

"I'm coming home."

:grin:

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

Don't forget that we receive a trade exception in this deal. We could use that to do a sign and trade for any player under 8 million.

8. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Fair enough...but the post you were supporting was a guy making some joke about Asians eating cats. Yes, attack the LOF's if you have to when they take a stupid stance, but please attack their stance and not their ethnicity. Please realize there are Rockets fans of Asian heritage who have been fans long before Lin arrived, myself included.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I'm happy for lin, he's going to a team to where he can get the spotlight still if there is any linsanity left. I don't think there is and i think he's going to make a lot of LA fans disappointed, but i hope he proves me wrong. This will be his last chance to really prove himself, 3 strikes and you're out.

Good luck lin..

and to all the LOFs, you can go ahead and sign up for a LAL account now. i'm sure their forums are about to crash today.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Shoutout to the 6 LOFs in the poll.

Holla!

11. Amir's Johnson

Today is a great day for Houston, Lin is finally gone!

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bye bye to all the Lin only fans.

LA you have a problem.

Lol

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

He might. It's still a move that we have to make. Morey has been going all in this entire offseason- why stop now?

14. Bob Barker 007

How much cash did we receive? 3 million? And can we use that cash to help form a bench?

15. klowski

klowski Member

LOF's should be ecstatic, the scrub gets to be in LA where he gets to miss wide open layups starting next to KB.... man the new peaches and herb 2014

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You really think Morey would pull the trigger on this trade without knowing Bosh's intentions?? He'd never give up a (somewhat) productive asset without knowing the risks. Come on, now.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, thought it would be tougher to move Lin, but he's gone. Glad the organization can move forward with rest of their moves. Next Asik, then Bosh, then Chandler.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see many anti Lin remarks. Mostly they are anti LOF remarks, which I 100% agree with.

If we get Bosh and Parsons, we will certainly not be worst than last year (barring major injuries). I'd say worst case scenario is around 25 or 26.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I wish I knew how to rep.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

To clarify. Trading him is not the mistake. I feel it neeeds to be done. My only issue is the timing