1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm sort of watching the Melo situation in the back of my mind. Miami has what.... 2 million on their books right now for next year?

-Would Wade take say... 14 per

(16 on books)

-Melo take the max... 22 mil

(38 than on the books)

With the empty roster charges & cap holds they should have enough to give Bosh the full 20+ mil and stay comfortably under the cap.

Until Bosh commits for sure, I'm not going to start doing back-flips yet.

2. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Relax, we have Woj and Zach Lowe and Chris Mannix all with positive Bosth2Houston vibes.

We got this.

3. torocan

torocan Member

Don't count on that.

If Miami pulls out a 5 year offer that's a TON of money they can put on the table.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

Accidentally posted this on Lin to Lakers thread. You can delete that one, mods.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source tells me Wade found out on flight yesterday LeBron was going back to CLE. Wade understood. Wade then told Bosh &quot;Do what you gotta do&quot;</p>&mdash; Bill Reiter (@foxsportsreiter) <a href="https://twitter.com/foxsportsreiter/statuses/487656939032035328">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Who said a bunch of pages back what if Bosh decides to just stay with the Heat? This guy. I should be an "analyst" and get paid for this ****.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets don't have firm commitment yet but they "expect it soon". If Miami puts a 5 year offer on the table, maybe they can keep him. - Stein

Bosh hasn't said anything. I do think Houston is in a better position to win. Miami is the Eastern Conference and still a playoff team."

He does have some trepidation about returning to Texas. He has to strongly consider Houston but he loves Miami and it will be hard for him to leave Miami and everything it entails. - Stein

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It doesn't even make sense... would be a complete mediocrity-treadmill move for Miami, and that's not what Riley usually does. A core of Deng/Wade/Bosh, even in the East, is a second-round at best team with no upward mobility (likely $45 million in guaranteed $$$ just between those three) and no shot at good draft picks. It would basically be dying a slow death as Wade further decays with each year.

8. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

GTFO troll

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

But does Bosh feel like being on an irrelevant team for the rest of his career

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

we are screwed

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Four years ago I thought LJ would stay a Cav, Wade would stay in Miami, and Bosh would be a Rocket... Well!

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We are only hearing "sources" saying he would head to Houston if LBJ went to Cavs....

Nothing more or less....

I really don't think Bosh will leave.

13. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Well, if he doesn't come to Houston which in my opinion I don't think he will go back, then all this waiting was for nothing.

But then again, I'm pretty sure Morey will just pull out another plan he had to make our bench stronger which I think is his next option IF in fact Bosh decides to stay in Miami.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Melo is worse than Lebron. Surely Melo knows this. Why would he try to replace him in Miami. He can't possibly think they could win.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Miami Heat panicking....put that 5th year on?

16. AltH85

AltH85 Member

So what's up on the turkish front?
    Don't we need to get rid of Asik too in order to get Bosh(and maybe CP).
    In case of emergency i'm expecting Hinkie to help us out ;) but Asik is what concerns me

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Why the hell is Bosh so resistant on going back to Texas?

18. tzou88

tzou88 Member

[​IMG]

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'd see no reason they wouldn't. They lose all relevancy if both Bosh and James bolt. They will be doing everything they can to keep Bosh.

20. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

It's Houston. Hasn't this offseason shown you anything how players regard Houston?