1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. BinBinRingRing

Lin's treatment in the Rockets could also have affected Lowry and Parson's decisions.

2. Solaris

Solaris Member

Morey really messed up with the way he constructed Lin's contract. Hope he won't make the same mistake with Parsons.

3. Futurama

Futurama Member

Parsons contract is already constructed by Dallas. Can't change it.

4. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Just don't pick up your dribble or jump in the air with anywhere to go. Hope you do well, see ya Ron Jermy.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Good bye Lin. You are a hardworking player who just goes out and plays hard. Show them what you got and prove the naysayers wrong. Sorry things didn't work out here. I hope you make that jump to the next level. Good luck on your new team

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What the hell? Did a Lin trade get finalized already? Did I miss something? Jumping the gun a bit to make this thread before he's traded if he hasn't officially been dealed yet.

7. NotChandlerParsons

Bye Lin. I liked you but not your fans. May you finally achieve your destiny and average 30 points and 10 turnovers in Philly.

8. boiler

boiler Member

Please don't bring this in this thread and start another war between LOFs and LOHs. This is an Lin Appreciation thread. If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything.

Anyway, good luck, Lin.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We could at least say goodbye to his number, no?

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Good luck Lin, and good riddance of LOFs

11. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

12. SeabrookMiglla

i liked lin, i wish he could stay but stuff happens. i wish him well and hope he succeeds on another team.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Bye Lin, I truly hope your fanatic fan base will abandon you in your next stop, which actually will be a good thing.

14. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

inb4 lin is still here.

15. SPBR

SPBR Member

No one bled more for the Rockets than you to the point where it was a joke that you'd go HAM every time you bled (e.g. dragon's blood). For some reason players liked aiming for your head. You worked hard and wasn't out there to get yours. Harden became the superstar that attracted another superstar in Howard. Promises were made that couldn't be kept when the situation changed. Until recently, you've kept it all under control. You're are a good guy or at least it's obvious you try to be one. Good luck on the next team.

16. amak316

amak316 Member

You can say that but it's just as much speculation as what I said. Harden was set to be a free agent the next year and the guy was a #3 pick young all star who had just come off a season where he was largely credited for beating the spurs in the WCF. You think he and his agent were worried about finding max deal? Lol Parsons even got maxed.

Our roster on paper at the time looked similar or even worse to the Bobcats roster, Houston is pretty similar to Charlotte in terms of desirable locations. When we made the trade it was conditional on signing him long term due to sheer amount of assets given. He knew other teams would have offers ready by the dozens at the deadline. Something appealed to him about Houstons situation, and there's a good chance it was the fact that we had nationally televised games and a huge buzz factor on ESPN due to picking up Lin only months removed from the wildest NBA storyline in dozens of years.

17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Hope he becomes an all-star, why?, so we can say we had 3 All star PGs on the team at one time(dragic, Lowry and Lin)

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not gonna lie, I will miss Jeremy Lin. Like the kid a lot and enjoyed watching him play. Enjoyed his underdog story.

Won't miss his crazy fans.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jeremy come back with a smaller contract

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he gets to a team that allows him to play the style of game that suits him the best.

A good player, but an even better man.

Good luck Jeremy !

DD