1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Everyone says every offseason not to believe anything Chris Broussard says/tweets, yet here we are, losing our ***** again over something Broussard says.

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Could be wrong but I think tomorrow

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. If Lebron started this whole process on July 1st, and was steadfast in trying to get something done with the Heat from the get-go, it wouldn't be a big deal. But it seems like he waited as long as possible to get this process started and now the reaction will be extremely negative if he returns to Miami (I think he will return to Miami unfortunately).

4. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I wonder if lebron is gonna come out and say he's going to Miami because of the letter Gilbert wrote? Lebron will think the fans will hate Gilbert instead of him for nixing Cleveland this time

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WJhPLGMhRuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't think fans would buy that. That letter is 3 years old. Why would he string them along this long and this far over something that's been around for 3 years?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You mean he never knew about the letter?! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yeah, I'd have thought LeBron's camp would have settled the Dan Gilbert letter long ago, before this NBA hostage crisis.</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/statuses/487605298245677056">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. FullerAggie

FullerAggie Member

I like how you are criticizing Lebron James' silence. The man holds a tv press conference to announce his first decision and gets grilled, now he decides to keep his decision between his family and friends and still he gets grilled. Your impatience is the only reason why you disagree with the process of Lebrons decision so far and quite frankly its ridiculous how impatient we are as NBA fans. These players such as Lebron are making multi-year and multi-milliom dollar decisions that effect them and their families. Would you sign a contract offer with another firm/company to go work for them for 4 years with no option to leave as soon as your asking these players to do so? Don't get me wrong, I wish he would make up his mind just as much as everyone else but goodness cut the guy some slack.

9. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

The perception would still roll against Lebron. We don't know if Gilbert and Lebron ever spoke about it. Why would it come out now when the Cavs cleared the space to provide him with a max contract? It seems like a very vindictive move. Lebron never faulted the Cav fans and understood their side. I can't believe he would do that.

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yep, but unfortunately for him, this would backfire horribly. For me, I've gotten over the decision, but if he were to do that (and actually say it), I think it would tarnish his image forever.

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

That is completely incorrect. He has not been silent.

His people made it clear to the Cavs that they are in it. His agent (him by proxy) told the Cavs to clear cap space. His people spoke volumes for him by keeping "silent" and allowing the media to create this Lebron to Cleveland frenzy.

Lebron may not have said anything yet, but his actions and his representatives have spoke volumes.

Again, I have no problem with him going back to Miami or to Miami in the first place. However, if he does that again, he will have completely screwed up how he did it yet again. You cannot convince me that he really didn't know where he wanted to be. The man has had a long time to think about it, and little to nothing has changed in that time.

12. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Just led to believe lebron is a flat out jerk. Doesn't tip waitresses (from what I hear). Now he's doing this knowing the league is waiting

13. htown1984

htown1984 Member

SAM AMICO tweeting something about the letter but i cant put on here.
    Yea i know its Sam Amico but he says sources LOL

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Drexler was known to be cheap too. who cares?

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Wouldn't surprise if Miami came up with it tbh

16. FullerAggie

FullerAggie Member

All I see is you quoting his "people" and his "agent". Do you let your friends speak for you all the time? Do you tell all of them exactly what your plans are?

Lebron has said nothing publicly and has not promised anybody a time line on a decision. Just like Van-Gundy said on the radio yesterday, Lebron/Melo owe nothing to the fans of the NBA or any team. Lebron is making a decision that will effect multiple players/teams/individuals etc.

Lets also take into account the fact that Lebron is not sitting on a couch somewhere doing nothing. He is a busy man who is constantly traveling for endorsements and other programs of his. I just don't see how you can look at his situation and say he has personally handled it wrong. Really who everyone should be upset with is every single twitter handle who has sent a tweet with the word "sources" in it.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Agent =~ lawyer

So yes, that's exactly what I do

18. FullerAggie

FullerAggie Member

Please show me the video or audio source of his agent saying something about Lebrons decision/timeline.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwyane Wade left cross-country flight with LeBron James to Miami still unsure of which way James is leaning, sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487613010773835776">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I know Drexler didn't tithe in church