1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons betrayed us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 10, 2014.

1. dragician

dragician Member

1 million a month salary?

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Hey kid, thanks for posting the thread.

But just a tip: when you're trying to make a point you should defiantly make sure your grammar and spelling is somewhat correct. It really takes away from what you're trying to get across.

3. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

In NBA, it is all business and there shouldn't be any true "betrayal" IMO. There is nothing wrong trying to get a good contract from player's point of view. In fact the Rockets will trade Parsons or use him as a sweetener in order to get the "3rd big star" any times if opportunity comes. Would it be considered as a betrayal? In short this should go both ways and no one is betraying anyone.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Who cares about winning a ring when you're a young player making minimum wage and then you get an offer of 15mil a year. Id take the cash too!

5. sutton

sutton Member

No hard feelings,clutchfans, it is only math ... LOL

6. torocan

torocan Member

Loyalty only goes so far when someone is offering you Millions of dollars above your current or expected salary, especially when you know that organization would trade you at the drop of a hat if they think it would get them closer to winning a championship.

And thinking that Cuban would let Parsons not sign that contract immediately is just naive. Guys like Cuban don't give you a choice, you either sign it or they pull the offer and find someone else to take their money.

If I'm Cuban and put $46M on the table, I expect you to sign it especially since I don't think that you have a competing offer anywhere in the ball park.

Billionaires don't waste their time waiting for 25 year old minimum salary players to game the system.

Hardly anyone complains about loyalty when the Rockets ship players in and out like poker chips. Now the shoe is on the other foot and suddenly it's a betrayal?

If you're going to tell Asik, Lin, Dragic, Scola, and countless other Rockets and ex-Rockets players that it's "just business", then you have no grounds to complain when they treat it as "just business".

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

he doesnt owe us squat, and we dont owe him squat.

8. Dream Shake 81

No way he betrayed us.

What you couldn't see in the Instagram with Cuban, was that he had his thumb up Cubans a$$&@/3... just like what he did to JLin on the bench. lol.

9. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Absolutely not a betrayal, that's ridiculous.

When you're a 2nd-round pick and have only made 900k per year so far, you defiantly sign a $15M per year deal as fast as you can blink.

That only thing I blame Parsons for is the club pictures he posted online.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

When you got offered 45 Mil package (from less than 1 mil to 15 mil per), you'd betray any team in a heart beat. Loyalty my ass.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He just signed a check for 15+ million per year, is he supposed to frown and go to bed early? Heck no, he's doing what any other in the league would do. The more I think about it, the more nonsensical this whole debate is. We can pass judgement in a couple of days when the chips fall.

12. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I thinks it's a betrayal.. only b/c its the Mavericks" but under his circumstances I can understand. The last 2 years he's been living off bread and crumbs in the NBA lifestyle.. lol' but being a individual in general.. if someone offers you 46 million? how many people will say no to that..

13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think we can all agree the title of the thread defiantly misses the point since betrayal is defiantly not the most discussed word here.

14. dmoneybangbang

It's not the amount, it's the fact he posted online him signing a contract with our divisional foe. I'm pretty sure the Mavs are the most hated of divisional foes on here, so I hope Chandler's career flames out if we don't match.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yup. The irony is Morey's critics usually get on him for not being a people person and his harsh "asset management" style. Turns out the one time he decided to be the nice guy, he gets royally screwed by his own player.

I do think though that Parsons and Howard sharing the same agent had something to do with the Rockets playing nice with him. I'm going to guess if Parsons soured on the Rockets and left, we'd probably see Dwight leave after his contract ends as well.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm sure Morey knew this could happen, but hoped it would not since it was out of his control. Some combination of Howard/Parsons/Fegan machinations could put him into a corner with no way out.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You dont understand! The longer you wait, the less money is out in the market... a week from now the Mavs would not have still had all that money.

18. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Say what? The rockets told him to go out there and get an offer. Thats how this works. Do you not understand?

19. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

He can post online whatever he wants, its his account.

20. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

the NBA is a business. You don't betray anyone. Upper management isn't looking to make sure you make millions. There ain't a job in the world where a company puts its future ahead of yours. Reality check.