1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chandler Parsons anti-appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Jul 10, 2014.

1. scottie brooks

Business reasons brah.

2. Neped

Neped Member

Does that mean Caspi or Garcia are going to start?

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

He is still a Rocket at the moment, isn't he? Unnecessary thread.

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Yo dude if I was making ten bucks an hour and suddenly someone else offered me 100 an hour after working hard, I'm going to get paid. When you are a young guy about to make your first huge contract you will take it

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

It's a business he had to make the best decision for him self and I will never hold that against him because the Rockets can still match the offer.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was not my favorite Rocket when he was at his best so no harm done.

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

As much as I liked parsons that's one thing I hated about him. Also tried too hard to be that third star -it should. Come to him Naturally

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Yeah Dwight is easily my favorite Rocket even if Lebron magically came.

9. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Simple enough, when your salary rises from 1mil to 15mil, championship is meaningless.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It's not about loyalty. Its about waiting 48 hours to see if you win chip.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

A few million? Try 40+ million more than what he's getting paid by the rockets lmao.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

I've never been a big fan of Parsons, but you can't blame him for what he and his agent did.

Think about it -- if Parsons ends up a Maverick, why would it be in his best interest to help a rival team in his own division by delaying the offer sheet signature and increase the risk of the Rockets landing Bosh?

Same applies to LeBron and his loyalty with Bosh. I'm sure he'd like to see Bosh get paid if he leaves, but if I'm LeBron... why would I want Bosh to go to Houston specifically and make yet another team a serious title contender in addition to the Spurs?

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I hate the mavs, but didn't they win more postseason games than us last year?

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Actually, a proper analogy would be $150 an hour.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

What do you think woild have happened to cp if he had taken a smaller deal with the Rox? Guess what he just became moreys top asset to trade next season. You reap what you sow

16. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read. Do you realize that he deserves the chance to do whatever he wants in his life? Some of you guys are ridiculous and do not realize that any sane human being would have done what Chandler did. Why does he owe us a discount? You say a bit more money like 3 million is just chump change. 3 million is 3 million. Good job Chandler you deserve every Penny you got and I'll be rooting against you when you're Mav but hopefully rooting for you as a Rocket.

17. gambingo

gambingo Member

Happy that Parsons finally got PAID, but lol @Cuban inviting Parsons to the club to celebrate like they've won the championship. We'll see who's the one laughing next season when his team won't even make the playoff.

18. Madclownpacasum

Because morey made cp feel very tradable. Its our gm he dosent know loyalty. Its all bussiness for him when he dosefeel it.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know what everyone is fussing about, Morey not picking up the qualifying offer basically gives Parsons the right to test the market for his worth, and he found that with the mavericks with a ridiculous high offer.

why would he do us any courtesy of courting Bosh by delaying his chance of getting paid millions of dollars, any sane man would do the same thing for their family and future especially when they are only getting paid rookie min for the past 3 years.

20. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

dame, thats pretty harsh