1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons anti-appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Jul 10, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm sure there will be more englighten fans who will say we should be happy with what CP25 has done over the last 3 years or remind me that we can still match. However IMO Parsons is a traitor. No matter what happens. He double crossed the Rockets for a few extra million a year. All he had to do was be patient but no he decided that any bit of extra cash was better than waiting to see if he could be on a championship level team. Which is crazy since with the leverage he was given he still had a extremely high probability of collecting the exact same contract if he waited! It's one thing if wants to treat it just as business even if that seems myopic to me but he's decision seems to indicate that winning is not his number one priority. Maybe it's number two or three but it's not number one. If it was he would have waited at least a 24 or 48 hours. I would definitely want him back because you cant deny his talent and once you are over the cap who cares really but I don't think I will ever respect him or maybe its better to say like him.

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

2012 posters are just the worst

1 person likes this.
  3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons depression thread.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

meta post is meta.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did you ever think that Cuban gave him an ultimatum? Sign at 12:01, otherwise I'm pulling the offer?? And perhaps given the whole list of circumstances, that was the best move for Chandler? The Rockets tried negotiating with him, but it's obvious we couldn't touch that offer (or weren't willing to), so he went out and forced our hands. I'm not saying I'm not a little annoyed by the chain of events, but Chandler did what he had to.

What I do think was a little trashy was allowing his douchey friend to sit there and celebrate, and post pics with Cuban. He's not a Maverick yet, and that was downright disrespectful to the Rockets to put that out there like that. Especially considering the animosity the teams for one another, it really felt like he was turning the knife.

6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Greed. NBA is just business.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You suck! Boo!!!

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's fine if he wants to do that but that means he rather get an extra 10 million over a better championship chance. I don't respect that.

9. Futurama

Futurama Member

Maybe Chandler thought putting giant posters of Carmelo in his friend's jersey was "a little trashy" and "downright disrespectful"

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

dude got offered 15 million a year. that's a lot of money. I don't fault him at all. hell most of the whiners here would probably ditch their current jobs for a 10k a year raise.

11. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

LOL get over it man, its a business. We would trade him in a second for K Love or Bosh so why do these guys need to be loyal? hes a big reason why we got Dwight.

How I look at it, is we match his salary then we are just making up for the cheap contract that he got anyways.

12. caminsky

caminsky Member

Here's what I don't get, the Rockets have made it no secret that they see players as assets, so why are we getting mad at a player for making the best business decision available to him? Parsons was another Morey gem that paid great dividends, but the Rockets gambled on letting him become an RFA, and their bluff was called. At this point, we have no choice but to move on.

My biggest concern is that Parsons getting overpaid is going to make it that much more difficult for Morey to find his replacement on the market if we sign Bosh.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

True. I jumped ship a few times. It's all about perks. There is no such a thing as royalty in business. People would do what is best for them.

Human beings are greedy in general yes that includes everyone of us.

14. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Meant to say loyalty.

15. TheresTheDagger

My ONLY problem with Parsons currently is those damn pictures he put on Twitter last night (or that his friends/family put on Twitter). That was like shoving it in Rockets fans faces.

Totally unnecessary.

Aside from that, I can't find fault with him without knowing more of the circumstances of the negotiations between his agent and Morey/Cuban. Certainly, its pretty damn hard to turn down $45m when thats about 9 million more than most estimated he'd max out.

16. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

How do people compare this situation with the Boozer one?

17. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Morey (who i believe is a very fine GM) is the one blame for this current predicament. His gamble blew up in his face

18. goyao11

goyao11 Member

can't get mad for a lack of loyalty when the Rockets don't show the same to their players. if you're assets to your organization, then they're a job to you.

personally, I'd rather CP not have pulled that nightclub contract signing stunt, but it's really not a huge deal.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. That's what he does for a living. I don't blame any player for trying to get as much money as they can. We have James Harden because he wanted more than OKC was willing to pay. How much of a discount did Dwight give the Rockets when he signed. These guys all play for pay.

Usually when you see a player settle for less, it's because they are veteran players that have already made tens of millions of dollars. Parsons has made less than three million dollars in three years, so I don't blame him for going after every penny.

20. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Yeah I'm sure he was thinking about us when he posted those pic. :rolleyes: