1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Do you think maybe LeBron is just dragging this out with the belief that Bosh and the Rockets won't wait any longer and sign a deal. And then LeBron decides to stay in Miami with Wade and anyone else they can recruit. Maybe LeBron just doesn't want to play with Bosh anymore, but just can't bring himself to say that to Bosh.

I just don't understand what is taking LeBron so long.

2. So Good

So Good Member

They need to redo the Asik trade, I believe.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-and-pelicans-still-complete-omer-asik-trade/

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Agents get paid a percentage of what the players make so you better believe bosh's agent will get him to sign it as soon as lebron announces his decision. If lebron stays he will prob ask heat to give him a 5 yr deal close to the max

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

OR...

Let Parsons' walk...finish the trades with New Orleans and Phili for Asik and Lin respectively. Then retool roster with team friendly contracts.

1 person likes this.
  5. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Can't lie, expected some trades today. :(

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's still only 6pm

7. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

True true

8. Possum

Possum Member

He has to make his mind up soon. We have to complete the Asik trade which is said to be in jeopardy and trade linn. That doesn't just happen real fast.

9. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I'm pretty certain LeBron will sign with Cleveland and we'll get Bosh. The holdup is simply for marketing purposes.

Moe

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Will Heat fans burn Lebron James Jerseys? Lol?

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

its only 4:22 on my end over here... lots of daylight

12. So Good

So Good Member

Heat fans don't know LeBron's a free agent.

13. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/CoreyCates">@CoreyCates</a> yes we can.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487374469858471936">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Boom baby.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dwight putting pressure on Les.

Enough talk by Les. Lets see if he can walk the walk when and if the time comes.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why is the pressure on Les? He's shown nothing but positive affirmation that he's willing to spend whatever it takes if it means bringing a championship contender to Houston. Dwight's just correcting a dumb ass on twitter running his mouth.

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yup. His earlier tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Davidsh32">@Davidsh32</a> cp isn't gone. And if he did I wouldn't be mad. He did what was best for him.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487369549646274562">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. tested911

tested911 Member

So I'm in and out of these boards today...

Can we still sign Bosh to whatever max he is looking for "before" the Asik and Lin trade becomes official?

If not shouldn't we be hearing a lot of chatter about how close the deals of Lin and Asik are happening within the next 24 hrs?

19. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Big cavs fan and thought I'd pass along some information. I'm hearing Lebron is announcing his return tomorrow. (Finally, TGIF) Heard it from my buddy, Marcus, who knew about his departure to miami before I heard it from anyone else. Marcus is close with Damon jones. Lebron is waiting on nike to finish up their add campaign. Everything is set up for an announcement tomorrow. Also Damon is trying to get into coaching and hopes to get a spot with cavs further down the line but don't know the possibility with blatt here. (Dont flame the messenger just passing along what I've heard from what I consider a close friend)

That above was from the chat room on cavsfans.com...i cant link as the chat is still alive but the guys says he has close connections

2 people like this.
  20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

That makes us worse........