1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Mavericks have NOT submitted offer sheet for Parsons (UPDATE: It has been submitted)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FromDowntown, Jul 10, 2014.

1. i3artow i3aller

OH My God please let Morey do the Knicks duck in regards to getting the offer sheet. Let him wear a disguise and hide at a craps table.

1 person likes this.
  2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

If I'm Parsons, I'm not leaving the house and I'm doing nothing all day. You're that close to a big contract, the only thing that can throw a monkey wrench in it is an injury. I'd start looking around, get paranoid and see everything as a freak accident waiting to happen (e.g. Rose and his knife, Hunter Pence breaking a glass door, or Boozer answering the door. Those might not be true...but what if they are???). I'm not risking it. Have pizza delivered and find a good show on netflix, because its better to be fat and rich (then work yourself into playing shape) than injured and poor.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Just read that we are working on a sign and trade with the Mavericks for CP25. Who are some guys on their roster that we would want?

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

the tpe for future acquisition possibilities.

5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I was thinking Shawn Marion or Devin Harris but that would be a great thing to get too.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A TPE does us know good if we ultimately use cap space to sign Bosh.

The only advantage would be if we use that TPE to trade for Bosh in a S&T, thus keeping the MLE open to us and then we don't actually have to dump assets to move Lin.

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

OMG what if they try to send us Felton....

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

No way they get rid of their "elite" point guard after signing the best small forward in the rockets/blazers playoff series to an offer sheet.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

with Lin more than likely being gone and no decent back up PG, this is a real nightmarish possibility...

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yup! I agree, I would never have seen this. Thanks OP!

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

the tpe would allow us to trade for a player(s) while we don't have cap space.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sign and trade means he's definitely gone.

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It's just stalling and a negotiation tactic.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would believe this, but then I looked at Dallas' roster, and went back to believing he's just bull****ing the Mavs.

15. dram1

dram1 Member

Yeah...thread police are lifeless freaks that run around posting things like..."do we need a thread for this?"..."already posted..."..."Where's your link?"...or "IBTL"...weak peeps need to gets a life!!!

Thank You for posting thread starter!!! I very seldom read passed the second page of a thread so I wouldn't have known unless I read an article or something.

1 person likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dallas and Houston are discussing sign-and-trade scenarios for Chandler Parsons, league sources tell Yahoo. Offer sheet hasn't been signed.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487292898300678145">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Yup he definitely gone now. Woj bomb

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah i just thought he might be stalling...but I would think Cuban would see through that..

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey tactic to delay the offer sheet. Love it.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So I guess we are giving up on Bosh if we are doing a sign and trade? Unless we aren't taking back any salary but idk how that would be possible.