1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

WE
    ARE
    NOT
    TRADING
    PARSONS

WHERE ARE YOU BASKETBALLANONYMOUS ?

Tell us it will be okay.

2 people like this.
  2. alin86

alin86 Member

we hope to get a 4-way trade

Hou send Jeremy Lin, Casspi, Covington, pick to Sixers, send CP to Mavericks, get Chris Bosh

Heat get pick from Mavericks

we still have MLE BAE and Trade Exception from Asik trade

1 person likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

I don't think the Mavs can S&T anyone because they renounced their free agents for the cap room to sign Parsons.

The Rockets are also trying to shed Lin, Jones, and Motiejunas for cap room themselves to dign Bosh.

A Parsons S&T is Cuban trying to screw the Rockets even further. "We'll help you out by taking Jones and/or Motiejunas off your books if you S&T Parsons to us".

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If we get Marion and Wright back in a S&T, can we still get Bosh?

Marion will help us at the 3 and Wright can back up centet position

5. BeardlyBeardman

If Morey somehow stalled Dallas from submitting with this s&t offer, and then dealt Parsons behind their back, it would be my favorite sports moment ever. Lololol.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets will be limited to minimum contract signings

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

if we HAVE to give up Parsons for whatever reason, this is the best scenario, maybe add a TPE to that.

I think it all depends on Bosh committing to Houston though.

8. Htown's Finest

^^^^^

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not if we can get back a TPE and maybe Marion. After Bosh signs of course.

10. JD88

JD88 Member

That thought occurred to me too.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, if they haven't submitted their offer to the Rockets, perhaps they haven't filed the necessary paperwork to waive those players? It would make the most sense that them officially filing the RFA offer to Parsons at the same time they renounce those FAs.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Hindsight is 20/20, but we never should have turned down Chandler's 4th year at 900k. Restricted Free Agency or not... when you make it known that you will match ANY offer, douchebags like Mark Cuban will overpay. Hell, WE did it to James Dolan 2 years ago. "We will match any offer for Jeremy Lin" so what do we do? We overpay.

If we miss out on Bosh, we should let Chandler become Dallas' problem. Bringing him back eliminates any cap flexibility for three years. That isn't good.

13. PrettyEdward

PrettyEdward Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sign-and-trade possibilities with HOU is one reason, Donnie Nelson said, the offer sheet with Chandler Parsons hasn't been signed.</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statuses/487284933954514945">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yep, and we would still have our full MLE, BAE to spend after we would sign Bosh and S&T Parsons for Marion or Wright.

Marion (5 mill/ 2 years?) and a full BAE, MLE is still about 2-3 million cheaper then Parsons as well. Which could be the difference in being able to sign veteran minimum contracts (Garcia, Nelson, Brooks) and keeping or signing players like Canaan, Covington, Daniels and Johnson.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

16. dje243

dje243 Member

Could we sign and trade Parsons to Minnesota while we stall? Or would that require his consent. I know it wouldn't happen it's just fun thinking of ways to screw over Dallas.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this is my thinking as well. Don't see how a S&T helps us.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Imagine what it's going to be like on here once Lebron goes back to Miami... Madness!

19. deshen

deshen Member

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's not what I meant. I know Morey would deal with the Devil himself if it improved the Rockets. Why would we help Cuban "steal" Parsons? For Marion, who still has some pretty good game left, but is 36 years old? Cuban isn't going to do us any favors. That's not equal value. Not even close, in my opinion. Personally, I don't think Parsons is going anywhere, so all this speculation is probably moot anyway.