1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Worst case scenario(if you could call it that) : miss out and bosh and don't match Parsons. Trades for Lin and Asik still go through, who is out there that we can sign with the cap space we'll have not named Deng. Lance Stephenson? Maybe a 2 year deal for Gasol?

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL season is far from here. Football hasn't even started yet. Plenty can change between now and October. No need to panic right now

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

screw us over? Morey wasn't doing him any favors. hell, Morey is trying to land other FAs in lieu of him. I love Houston but I'd sign Cuban's offer as soon as it hit the table.

4. torocan

torocan Member

If the Rockets miss on Bosh AND don't match Parsons, the Asik trade will still go through, but I just don't see Morey trading Lin.

Why on earth would you send out assets just to move Lin (and further weaken your roster) without anyone to actually sign with that cap space? At that point the smart move if sign short term players, and either let Lin's contract expire, trade Lin at the mid-season deadline (when you can get a better price), S&T Lin next off season (and get assets back), or extend Lin at market value.

What FA's are currently left after Lebron/Melo/Love/Lowry/Bosh/Gordon/etc are already gone that would improve the team sufficiently to warrant losing Lin as well?

If we miss on Bosh and Parsons walk, then the options are limited and the most likely scenario is Lin is a Rocket next season.

5. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

You're such a nerd!!! Did you make angry noises or throw things when you got the news last night?

6. magman

magman Member

I've had some time to think bout it, and here's what I've come up with.

If Bosh can sign in the next day or so, and all trades needed to make it happen, happen, then I think it'll be smart to match the offer. The Rockets would essentially be going all in.

If Bosh decides to sign elsewhere, I wouldn't match. I've seen what the trio of Harden, Howard and Parsons can give, and it's not championship level, competitive, but not championship quality.

Would rather keep capspace open until the right player come along than to sign Parsons with no other significant piece added.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Morey made him a RFA. That is amounting to be a $14 million favor to Parsons at this point.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

I honestly don't think he cares if he's goes to the Mavs.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Read basso's post. We clearly did him a favor by making him an RFA and allowing him to earn an extra $10m over the life of his contract.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nice try but you can't spin this. Chandler is a douchebag.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Team CP is a douche. See ya Queen "boy".

12. StripedPajamas

Regardless of whether he's doing what's best for him or not... fv*k him.

13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The sad thing is we're turning into Dallas. No major star on current market wants to play for us, so we pick up scraps on 1-2y deals after all the good FAs are gone. Instead of building the team around our core (H&H), we change it every year or two.

I'll be really disappointed if that's the road we are taking. Pay the man that's loyal and has skills. Cuban didn't want to pay Chandler and DM didn't want to pay Parsons. Ironically, for the Chandler Cuban didn't pay three years ago he gets two of them on much bigger salaries than he wanted in the first place.

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

It's called trying to let him know he is acting like a douche...but you can't see that because you yourself are a gigantic douche

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

parsons can go to Dallas and bang all the sluts up there and then re injure his back again.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

F Chandler Parsons

Big headed phoney whose career will go downhill from here. Overrated player with a big mouth.

Question:

If we sign Bosh and decline to match Parsons, does that leave any room to make a trade for say a Rondo?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="http://t.co/MqKEHNRJNq">pic.twitter.com/MqKEHNRJNq</a></p>&mdash; Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/statuses/487237611153408003">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. torocan

torocan Member

Possible, but difficult.

The real question is do we have enough assets to get Danny Ainge interested in moving Rondo? IE, how many picks/players would he want back? And what will other teams start offering once Melo/Lebron/Bosh/Love are settled?

And that's assuming that Ainge is willing to move Rondo at all versus waiting and seeing if he can get even more...

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sour grapes much, come on guys. Let us be classy and welcome this homeboy back with some booing!

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If I were Morey, I would get on the phone with the Mavs and work out a S&T for Shawn Marion before that offer sheet is signed. They get Chandler at that exorbitant price, we get a much cheaper Shawn Marion to fill the hole (rather than being stranded without a SF or having to overpay CP) and hopefully Bosh.