1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. htown7829

htown7829 Member

So now we have to cut pretty much the whole team to sign bosh? I thought all we had to do was trade Lin/sail then cut some non guaranteed contracts and we were good. Wish we could just fast forward a month

2. htown7829

htown7829 Member

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Really only need to fast forward until Saturday to see what our team will look like for the most part.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

All I know is we are going to have some high hopes for some of these guys like Capela, and Covington. Right now I'm setting myself to deal with the fact that Morey might actually choose to say screw this ridiculous free agency crap.

The rule of thumb with free agency is always the same.... IF ITS NOT A SUPERSTAR... pass in free agency. That same player or the same type of player will be available in trades in a few months on a better contract situation.

Free agency just makes GM's do stupid stuff. Its all a bunch of chest pumping, and the agents have way too much power. If I'm Morey I take a step back and think long and hard about what I'm about to do here, and seriously contemplate getting out of the free agency game before I do something stupid.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lowry was their MVP last season and obviously played at an all star level - regardless of DeRozan going instead somehow

Compared to Chandler and Heyward deals - it looks like they got a great deal by grabbing him early for just 12mm

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

My guess is Lebron planned to make his decision before Brazil, and still looks headed that way. No more meetings, discuss with family, yeah it's the end.

7. Htown's Finest

1 person likes this.
  8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Hope so... This has dragged out way too long. Chris Bosh becoming available seemed to throw everything out the window and LeBron possibly going to the Cavs made this offseason unforgettable. I hope the Rockets come out of this summer with some upgrades.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

10. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Lol yea I'm not taking any chances. Would put us closer to football season that way

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah, just being coy. Obviously Lowry at that price in comparison to the rest of the market is one of the decent deals been made. However I'm kind scratching my head and that Vasquez signing. Who was signing Vasquez tonight by the way??? Who were they really bidding against? Just struck me as odd.

Maybe the weirdest deal of them all was Ben Gordon & Orlando... what the hell are they doing? Who were they really bidding with to get Gordon seriously? I just have no clue what is going on right now.

I guess its like if you take someone with a gambling problem to Vegas, sooner or later they are going to have the urge to throw 100 bucks down on roulette just because. They know they are probably going to lose, but they just wanted to feel the rush of playing the game.

12. Htown's Finest

Bima approves of this...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9074039&postcount=450

13. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Has lebron even met with Cleveland? Weird he's already shut down meetings and is now just talking with family.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No it's true the Rockets cannot offer a true max deal but it would be very close. Wanting to hold onto Jones and Bev will make it slightly lower. Ultimately it's a few million over the course of the contract and unfortunately our tax advantage is not an advantage over Florida.

If Bosh truely wants max I could see Morey flipping Jones for another NOP pick to someone like the Bobcats. I'd hate to lose that depth but those two picks could replenish it.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

His agent has.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

LeBron hasn't met with Gilbert or anyone with the Cavs? Doesn't sound like a guy that's leaving Miami.

17. Htown's Finest

Basically no Bosh and Parsons next year if Bosh does not want to take less than the max.

18. Htown's Finest

If Bosh only wants the max to come here it's then either Bosh or Parsons.

19. Coob5

Coob5 Member

I don't think he is trying to go on a tour and meet everyone face to face. He knows what he has in Cleveland and what he has in Miami. No need to talk to Gilbert and who knows they may have chatted privately.

20. Htown's Finest

Unless you want to gut the entire team up