1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

100% agree.

Cuban looks at his team : Dirk is old and washed up, same as Tyson, and then rest of the team are mostly garbage, they are not going to get any major star this year, nor its look like will get anyone soon.

They are going to a rebuilding mode, while the Rockets are rising.

So he just say this : FXXK Rockets, have some fun with this contract.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. We overpaid that piece of **** a couple of years ago. From Parsons -->Ariza is depressing. That being said, its Brassard.

3. verysimplejason

And miss out on the the biggest payment of his life? I wonder if Morey even offered something near max money. 1M isn't that small especially if it's the first time you'll get paid. It's all about business like Morey said after all...

4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't agree with this.... being 3 years is better for the Rockets, at it would expire with several other large deals for the Rockets. Also, the amount of $ is just enough to push the Rockets up against the hard cap IF Bosh gets the max. This contract was done to KEEP the Rockets from matching.

5. i3randon06

i3randon06 Member

6. NotChandlerParsons

Are you sure that's Parsons ex? Are you sure that's not just some random chick?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston weighing whether to match Parsons or go for Ariza at lower price. Wash, ATL, LAL, LAC, CHI also interested in Ariza</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/487054664433942529">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

::EDIT::

Tried and failed

8. opticon

opticon Member

This may all ready have been talked about, but could we sign and trade parsons into Dallas's cap space and generate a TPE that could be used to acquire Deng from Cleveland via sign and trade?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure I know that. I have been saying the same things. Cuban did himself a moronic favor.
    At least he thinks he screwed Morey over, he made it personal which is not a good thing to do. I think Dwight going to Houston really hurt him, that prick.

At least we know no Star or Superstar in their right minds would go to Dallas to play with Dirk in the near future.
    Cuban has lost it. And his Lebron song was shetty anyway.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, some of you are forgetting the rediculous minutes Chandler played because we pretty much sucked when he was off the floor. He busted his arse for us. Sure, his defense declined from what it was when he was a rookie, but his offensive responsibilities increased immensely. I've read more than once that he led the league in the sheer amount of distance he covered while on the court. Chandler is a big part of our high octane offense, and if his minutes are reduced, I expect his defense to improve. The guy deserves whatever the market will bear. That's our system. If someone thinks you are worth X instead of Y, you take X if it's your first big contract and you've been acknowledged league-wide as the most underpaid player in the NBA. It's up to Morey to attempt to fit that contract into our cap space. The challenge is yours, Daryl.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This happened just a few minutes ago. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NothingToSeeHere?src=hash">#NothingToSeeHere</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DontOverReact?src=hash">#DontOverReact</a> RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Allen_Reid">@Allen_Reid</a>: <a href="http://t.co/3iliZuYoi2">pic.twitter.com/3iliZuYoi2</a></p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/487047762546946049">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darn it .... if only Jimmy Butler was available

13. Progs

Progs Member

That is the sister of Chandler's ex.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

IF we land Chris Bosh, in what scenario would we be able to not match Parsons and sign Ariza?

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope we let him walk.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I cant believe this. Couldnt wait to get rid of the guy when he was here, and now gonna go back to that well? Chances are if we sign Ariza, Morey gonna trade him after a year. Why not just keep parsons for another year then?

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This makes no sense... we don't have cap room to sign him.

18. manny5alive

manny5alive Member

100%.. she's tagged in Johhny's comment... if you scroll down her pics.. you definitely see Chandler... his apartment... his bulldog. lol

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I still believe the Rockets will match this contract no matter what.

best case scenario, we sign Bosh in the next 3 days and then match Parsons, case closed (for now).

worse case : We can not sign Bosh, then on the last day we need to match Parsons contract, the Rockets will look to sign something like : Jordan Hill 5 mils, Pierce 8 mils, Jason Smith 2 mils, Nelson 3 mils (you get the idea, something like that for the bench) to fill up the 16-17 mils of space after we trade away Lin.

Then by Dec 15, we will probably trade away Parsons to the Celtics for Rondo, which will probably net 1-2 Celtics 1st round picks (they have tons) also.

Still not a bad transaction under this circumstances.

20. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Giving Parsons a raise a year earlier is a huge favor. I guarantee Parsons would not have received this same contract next season if Morey extended the 4th year option and Bosh were playing for us.
    If Bosh plays for us, do you think Parsons can still get his 16 5 4? Parsons getting 13 4 3 as a 4th option would deserve a contract around 8-10M/year for a wing.

I just don't see Morey taking that much risk without a confirmation from Parsons what needs to happen. It would really suck if Parsons and Morey had prior verbal agreement before Morey declines his option but then Parsons forgot all about it.

Anyhow, Morey screwed up. Let's see what he's going to do.