1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey contacted Deng today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Sounds like you need a bowl, buy that vape if you haven't already.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Right?! Bunch of beggars! Speaking of which, you think Bosh will be begging to come to Houston soon? How about Love?

3. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Anybody got a shot chart of deng from last 2 seasons?

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Too true man lol. Just kick your feet up cyber

5. cyberx

cyberx Member

Sam could be cool with Deng, his agency, the few people on Morey's basketball operations side... So many ways he could have gotten it.

A lot of you don't know how things work in a front office/agency side of things.

Maybe we should open a thread one day where you guys can ask the questions that may not get answered so I can give everyone here a "behind the scenes look" or something.

Maybe that will interest a few of you guys.

Just a thought.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lol... did you ask Thor if you could use hammer?

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't hold your breath. It's how the internet works.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Beverly
    Harden
    Parsons
    Bosh
    Howard

or

Beverly
    Harden
    Deng
    Love
    Howard

That is a tough one

I'm just hoping it's not:
    Beverly
    Harden
    Deng
    Jones
    Howard

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

1 person likes this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually they simply get their info from roughly the same sources, which are players' agents. It's been sort of understood that cyberx works in the agent business in LA. If you look at his series of posts in the Melo thread during Melo's LA trip, which is where he had the most abundance of information in a detailed manner, you'd see where he's coming from.

It certainly helps the Deng camp to release this, especially if he wants to pressure other suitors into giving into his contract demands. Kind of a "hey if you wait the Rockets may come in and get me!" type of threat. That's what they want out into the public, and that's why they tell Amick about it.

11. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

That's our big 3?:(

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

Have a vape, but I can't find good oil here in Houston. Heard they fill it up with olive oil and screw you haha.

Only in Cali and CO :)

Send me your H-town connect. I am here now.

13. Fantasma Negro

Deng is a pretty solid contingency plan just in case Chandler signs a ridiculous offer sheet. His contract should be around 11.5 a year and he does everything Chandler does but can defend the wing spot at a higher level. But I'm really hoping Chandler will stay

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Cyberx is Clayton Williams Jr. :eek:

1990 Texas gubernatorial race :During the campaign, Williams publicly made a joke likening rape to bad weather, having stated: "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" (the statement had previously caused controversy amongst women's groups over the same statement by basketball coach Bob Knight, and caused WABC-TV weatherman Tex Antoine to be fired after saying that sentence, ironically, on a weather report after a story about a child rape).[3] Also, during the campaign, allegations were made that as an undergraduate at Texas A&M, Williams had visited the Chicken Ranch, a brothel in La Grange, and the Boy's Towns of Mexico.[4][5] As a result of his reported comments, Williams was occasionally parodied, such as in the mock political ad, "Satan Williams," which appeared on Dallas/Fort Worth public television during the 1990 campaign season.[6]

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Easily.

but here is where it gets tougher.

Rondo
    Harden
    Deng
    Young/Ersan/Anderson
    Howard

v.

Bev
    Harden
    Deng
    Love
    Howard

16. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Cyber is my hero

17. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Cyber, what is YOUR LeBron prediction?

I've said for last couple months it's Cleveland. Curious to know what you feel at this point.

Will he take the 1-2 year deal in Miami?

Thanks for your insight and the info you share with us!

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

Would make a lot of sense to do a 1-2 year deal.

This TV deal could mean big things for the players.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No S&T that I can recall, but just yesterday Feigan tweeted that yes they have been trying to trade for him, and will continue to try and trade for him.

(To be Fair... I'm sure about 29 teams have called Flip about Kevin Love at some point in the past 4 months).

Trade talks are different. They had a deal discussed that never went anywhere obviously. At any point Flip Saunders could call Morey back, or Morey would cave in and give what Flip is asking for.

-If Morey was going to trade Parsons for Kevin Love, I'm pretty sure that a deal would have been made before June 29th. I think that was the last day they could have traded him, and Minnesota been able to turn around and make him restricted so they can keep him in free agency. Now its got to be approved by Parsons I'm pretty sure. Now that this date is past, I think you can kiss Parsons to Minnesota for Love goodbye unless for some reason, Parsons is enamored with Minneapolis.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Okay my Bill Simmons theory is out the window, still next time you talk to him tell him Grantland is fantastic!