1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. dje243

dje243 Member

That rumor on the billboard thing seems really specific to make up. Same with the servers being updated on lbj.com etc. Then of course the guys who didn't get the "scoop" like Sheridan immediately get sources saying that there's nothing to it. Sounds like someone is plugging leaks, which Lebron seems to be very careful about. He wants to make sure he gets the PR just right this time.

2. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

There aren't any other FA pieces that are near as good, so with giving Parsons a new deal, we would be forced to trade for any future significant piece. And it is a good chance any real good 3rd star costs us Parsons in that trade. Striking out on these guys this year probably really lowers the ceiling of this team for the next few years.

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I think you answered your own question.

Yes this team has some very solid talent and with the addition of a few other solid bench players we might have again found ourselves winning 50+ perhaps closer to 60 games in 14'-15', but that means we are still fundamentally lacking a stud starting 4 (TJ has a long way to go) and Bosh really gives this team an added dimension it just didn't have this past year. Size and defensive presence against the PFs who killed us all year long, versatility in scoring mid-range and spreading the floor with his 3 pt shot, and is the perfect compliment to DHs inside presence. Honestly, I can't think of a better player other than LMA who would be a better addition to this team than Bosh (even better than Love in my opinion).

4. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

They are putting together the video for lebronjames.com - it will be beautifully done by Nike, and we'll probably see that Puff Daddy "coming home" song mixed in there. "My kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes, i'm coming home... coming home"

There can't possibly be a more perfect lyric for this situation. It's a beautiful thing from a sports and feel good perspective.

5. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

That draft pick should be a do over...cant fly...really..in the NBA and still got drafted?

6. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

does anyone feel like me and have the rockets pull the offer from bosh

7. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

At some point...but you have to have interest from someone else to direct it too.

8. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I don't think Minnesota has a better offer. They get a young solid player in Thompson, a 1st, a possible bench guy in Karasev, take on much less salary and cut a bad contact from the books. Maybe make it both of the 2015 1sts they own from Miami and Memphis.

I don't see us topping it.

9. Htown's Finest

If Miami offers Bosh a max deal for 4-5 years and LeBron commits to staying with the Heat that long too he should take it. But if the Heat try to low ball him at $12 million a year and he agrees to that offer and not ours then Bosh is...

[​IMG]

10. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

true but i would tell bosh this offer is on the table for a few more days then if he doesnt make up his mind then pull the offer

11. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I don't think its do or die, but he is the best option that we have a shot at now. The fact that he is just such a perfect fit on this team is the only reason im hoping it happens. I wouldn't mind missing on bosh if Morey had back up plans in place. I feel like Lin has to go. Maybe package him with picks for a Thad Young, Illyasova type player plus bolstering the bench via a few FA signings could be nice too.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Hi! Does anyone know if we are getting this Chris Bosh fellow?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, no one.

1 person likes this.
  14. Htown's Finest

A lot of people have speculated that LeBron is going back to the Cavs and that means we get Bosh. Nobody really knows what is going on right now though, not even the media.

1 person likes this.
  15. photojoe

photojoe Member

Thompson is a pretty decent piece. A future first wouldn't be very enticing if they had Lebron and Love. Karasev didn't show very much promise last year. And the ability for them to cut salary isn't that big of a deal to them right now.

If this was at the trade deadline, Minnesota might be more desperate. Right now, I don't think they would be desperate enough to accept that offer.

Then again, it's the NBA, and we have been waiting for the past week with nothing happening. Who knows what will happen!

16. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

on another note...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Price for Chandler Parsons just went up. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a>: Charlotte has agreed to a 4-year, $63M maximum offer sheet w/ Gordon Hayward</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/486739577084727296">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Htown's Finest

Bosh and Wade will not meet with Pat Riley today

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/reports-james-will-meet-with-riley-wednesday-070814

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Dammit, Hornets

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I want to believe all these reports out there, I think it's all a smoke screen at the end of the day. I expect the big three to be back together. If they don't, I'll be shocked.

20. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

prepare

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/QE8hREXIgRXeo" width="500" height="281" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>