1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Love has not lead his team to a winning season????
    Seriously?
    If that is the case. . . i agree .. NOT TOP 5

Rocket River

2. BasketballMind

This has more to do with power. Lebron won’t ever make all of the money he creates, so he wants more power.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Roberts will be better playing with James/Wade/Bosh. His production will improve, but unless he makes a real jump, he is a marginal improvement.

Granger is done. I don't care how bad he wants it. His athleticism is gone and he cannot get any seperation or vertical at the rim.

We know that James HATED Beasley and loves Napier and Granger so all that matter is whether James thinks it is enough.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Heat is making a big mistake letting go of Bosh. But Houston would be glad to have him.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

QFT! Not to mention drafting better. Riley has been fat and happy with his Big 3 and hasn't been diligent to continue to build the roster as it ages. And it has caught up with him.

McBob was a good signing. Not sure how much Granger has left in the tank. Napier is a rookie who has already admitted he is going to have to make major adjustments in his game after his first NBA summer league game.

We don't know if Birdman Chris Andersen will be coming back. He is looking for a richer deal and he would be a big loss for their interior defense and rim protection.

Heat have done nothing more than "tread water" with these moves and everyone has gotten older.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with the big 3 is that they are now the big 1 and a half. If they want to be the big 3 again, then Bosh and Wade either need to get their asses in gear again, or they need to take massive paycuts and let Riley go shopping. So far, option 2 seems to not be flying.

7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Urgle? Heat hasn't let him go. Signing Granger/McRob has no bearing whether they keep Bosh or not.

8. sammy

sammy Member

Lebron is 1.5. Bosh is .8 and Wade is .5.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not good at math but this seems to check out.

10. BasketballMind

Lebron James single handedly created another NBA lockout. Everything shuts down until he decides to make a decision. Wherever he goes, I hope he signs a 10 year contract.

11. MystikArkitect

Riley grasping at straws w Mcroberts and Granger. Thought Lowry/Ariza/Gortat would be willing to leave 5-7 mill on the table to play w Heatles but blew up in his face.

Bosh's inability to make his own decisions is concerning. I get you take talent where you can get it but the dude appears to be ok being Lebron's lap dog. Can't think of many other big name FAs so dependent on someone else. If he indeed comes here, which is doubtful at this point, I can't say I'd view him in high regard.

12. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

They're pretty much best friends.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j7z4L8xUlXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. traveler

traveler Member

no

He is showing loyalty.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Right? It's one thing to want the extra security/money or even be a contender, but to come out and basically say "player X will determine where I sign" is just baffling. Balls sitting in a jar on Bron Bron's desk.

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

More like LeBron is 2.0, Bosh 0.9, Wade 0.1

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are even players on bad teams that appear to suck that I'd want... and we're talking about Kevin Love like he's destined to be a loser just a few years into his career?

Kyle Lowry by the way. 3rd string PG on a bad team. We shouldn't have wanted him though, right? Same MO you're giving Kevin Love, only Lowry did even less.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

There's a way for Riley to move Bosh and get back in return:

1. An elite defender at Center
    2. A starting point guard or a good 6th man
    3. A young forward that can give the team decent minutes

18. Remii

Remii Member

Oh really...??? Well the Rockets have a max contract offer on the table for Bosh and he hasn't excepted it because he's waiting to see what LeBron does. Doesn't sound like a man "who didn't like it" to me.

19. wreck

wreck Member

I agree with this. He needs to man up. Loyalty or not, if he gets left out to dry he will be looked at as a punk and weak minded. And as a clown.

20. rlivz

rlivz Member

The Rockets won't go back on the Asik to Pelicans deal