1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cleveland gaining steam in the LeBron James hunt?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lol, good stuff

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Dan Gilbert's crazy-ass Comic Sans letter, edited for LeBron in 2014. <a href="http://t.co/vkEaxTHeeS">http://t.co/vkEaxTHeeS</a></p>&mdash; Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/statuses/486537255537094656">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Just read on another forum that a radio host in Cleveland reported that Lebron called one of the Cav's players and told them to "Get ready and be prepared." The only hint of who the player was is that they had a bobble head night last season.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its supposedly Side Show Bob.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am 80% sure LeBron is going back to Cleveland.

LeBron loves Cleveland and cares about his legacy. He needed the rings so he took the easy way out. He was afraid of never winning one. Now that he's got them, he can go back to Cleveland to finish what he started.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Here are the *only* things making me think this is even remotely possible:

1. Riley's weird, aggro alpha-male press conference.
    2. Riley's weird step of making pre-moratorium statements about signing Granger and McB-Boberts.
    3. Wade's comments and tone after the finals, where he kind of seemed wistful, saying "we had a good run." He sounded like Old Yeller after a wild pig attack.
    4. Lebron clearly, and I mean clearly, had a million times more fun playing in Cleveland.

Riley's desperation/worry seems palpable.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Don't forget Lebron opting out before Bosh and Wade

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I don't get this at all. While it's true that he commits a lot of charity work to that area I've seen no indication that he loves living there. The whole idea that he has two rings and that's enough is ridiculous too. Lebron wants to be in the conversation with Jordan, Magic and Kobe. Winning two rings does not put you in that echelon. The idea that he'll just go to a terrible team just to redeem his reputation with his hometown fans seems like a movie story line.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/BiscayneBae">@BiscayneBae</a> today in Vegas. Riley flew out on the private jet. Don't know exact time.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/486539844479225856">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree, even though I think Riley is nervous. Lebron returning to Cleveland (and Gilbert) would be a triumph of sentimentality over his motivation to be among the most successful players of all time.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cavs aren't a terrible team when LeBron goes.

Irving
    LeBron

and Love is easily acquired if they are willing to part with Wiggins, which if it comes to that, they should.

11. traveler

traveler Member

Can't see the Cavs being an option. Why go from a great team to a bottom dweller if he wants rings?

12. HCA

HCA Member

Looking forward to some news today!

13. traveler

traveler Member

no

Doubt Love re signs with the Cavs. He wants the west coast.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would if LeBron is there. Look at players going to OKC to play with Durant. Stars attract other stars.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Irving is going to make that jump sooner or later, and I think next year he will. If he does, he's going to go play with a stud.

That's better than playing with a rapidly declining Wade and under-utilized Bosh.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Well, what "if" Rose comes back healthy and they manage to add Melo? Does that roster even get home court advantage in the Eastern Conference? Love coming would still be a huge "if". There is still too much uncertainty for him to book the next 4 years of his prime.

What is it about Lebron's choices in the past that makes you think that he would rather take a young inexperienced team on his back and try to make a playoff run, than go back to the veteran championship winning team that he basically had constructed around him and have another guaranteed shot at the finals?

I guess I could be wrong, I would just be really shocked of that happened. Like, finding Brooklyn Decker in my bed tomorrow morning type shock.

17. traveler

traveler Member

yes

That's a big 'IF'.

18. traveler

traveler Member

yes

Going to need more than Irving but in the east they can compete but they will still lose to any west coast team.

19. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

If we accept those facts (cavs player w/ bobblehead night) then no question it's him. They were very good friends before he left and remained so even after.

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

What player went to OKC to play with Durant? Caron Butler?