1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. mario_v

mario_v Member

It was on Espn about 10 minutes ago. They had bosh at PF and Jones starting at SF. Lol

2. Classic

Classic Member

Will d-wade still miss more than 1/3 of the season?

How wore down will LBJ be at the end of the season with that roster?

I'm thinking same if not worse.

3. Nook

Nook Member

People need something to complain about. However, I don't agree with Bosh being the Rockets 4th pick. I think only James and Nowitzki were higher... the Rockets did not think he was a real possibility. He is just an ideal FIT for the Rockets. Morey is aware of the defensive issues and Bosh goes a big way to solve the problems.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

OMG you love McBob too?!

It would have been poetic justice if "passive-aggressive Bible tweeter" was dumped and Josh "Our Lord and Saviour" McBob was brought on for the MLE

But alas it was not meant to be

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Member

Bosh? Top 10? No way... Top 25? Maybe.

6. kevC

kevC Member

Love's first two seasons he wasn't a "leader", he was a very young player coming into his own. He was injured in 2012-2013. So he's been the best player on 3 losing teams.

To be clear, I don't think Love became a top 5 player until this year by the way. He was top 5-10 ish before.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Blah, blah, blah. It's been 4 years and they still have failed to bring in a veteran PG or legitimate starting center. LeBron deserves to play with a legitimate distributor for once in his life, it'll take a rookie at least a year to get there and even then, I never trust a rookie PG in the playoffs unless it's Sam Cassell. Bosh deserves to play with a legitimate center at least once in his career. It will do wonders to his game, similar to when KG finally paired up with Perkins.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree on McRoberts, but here are other factors:
    * Granger looks to be absolutely done. Probably not an upgrade on Beas.
    * Wade will be yet another year older and more tired.
    * Lebron is also a year older, pretty gassed, and needs someone who can create their own shot.
    * They talk about bringing back the corpses of Haslem, Ray Allen, and Birdman, but again, old players one year older. Statistically and biologically, at this point they will keep declining sharply, from PER to vertical jump to lateral foot speed, etc, etc.

So to me, this is overall like treading water for the Heat so far. My guess: Riley has a master-play in the works that will mean Bosh will not be back but a bigger-name free agent will join them. Something under the radar.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I don't LOVE him, but he's better than "scrub" level or the other terms being used around here.

He's not a traditional forward, but he can shoot the 3 some, is very smart on the court, makes good plays, passes, decisions...he's a good roleplayer.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There are usually around 7-10 players in a league at any given time that a legitimate championship team could be built around. That is basically what I am getting at. Those players have no problem making the playoffs. Kevin love is not one of those guys

11. torocan

torocan Member

No, they didn't miss the play offs or flame out in the first round but they didn't just lose in the Finals, they were completely dominated in historic fashion on both ends of the floor.

The whole purpose of the Big 3 was to win rings, not to win the ECF. And as professionals, I'm sure they're as aware as anyone how historically weak the Eastern Conference is right now.

So, getting blown out in the Finals coming out of the East is arguably just as humiliating as the beat down of the Blazers. Both OKC and the Mavs gave the Spurs a better fight than Miami.

Win or lose, if the Finals were even remotely competitive, would Miami even be in this position?

To illustrate my point, if you were the GM, how many players would you need to recruit to give the Heat the advantage against the Spurs? If it's more than 1 or 2, you're going past the definition of "retooling" in my books...

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

...OK

Maybe I see too much Bobby Sura in him lol

13. kevC

kevC Member

So Kobe magically was not a top 7-10 player in 2005 because his team didn't make the playoffs? Or Hakeem in 1992?

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I don't agree with your guess, but as to the rest you are right on all of it. However, McBobb at the 4 and Bosh at the 5 represents an upgrade over them running Rashard Lewis, the corpse of Shane Battier, etc. out at the 4. A big upgrade. On any given night the Heat had the worst player on the court starting at the 4 for them in those scenarios.

Haslem back is a competent backup and Birdman is a competent backup.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lebron carried that team to the finals and got swept basically.

Unless Wade magically becomes 4 years young he will regress every year.

Lebron ain't falling for that.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

It's cool to be a McBobb fan, no shame in it. I liked him as a target for the Rockets if they went the "fill out the roster" instead of "chase a star" route.

Like his game a lot.

There's a reason Charlotte wanted him back and was willing to go to the same price Miami did.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I think McRoberts is decent, nothing special. He, and Granger, do not fill their biggest weaknesses.

They still don't have a good rim protector. They still don't have good rebounders. They still don't have a good point guard (an unproven rookie in Shabazz isn't a very definitive answer). They would still rely on Lebron for most of the season.

Every year for the past couple of years, Wade has looked worse. How will he look next year? How many regular season games is he going to have to take off?

Are they worse? Probably not. Are they any better? Probably not.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Kobe missed a season of the playoffs and almost got there, and he got injured that season. That's a horrible comparison to a guy who has never gotten there.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bosh will refuse to play center. He hates it and has said that multiple times. If that's the pitch then it won't work.

20. Remii

Remii Member

So Perkins is a legitimate center :confused: Lol...