1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I still think you and I just have very different opinions of Love I guess. I'm of the opinion that Love is a top 5 player in this league and think he'd be the best player on our team. When a player like that is available you pull out all the stops to get him, especially if you can still retain your two super stars. Parsons should not be a sticking point for any Love discussions. We would have 3 top 10-15 players in the league. I take that over any depth we'd have with Parsons or whoever any day. Daryl Morey can find depth in his sleep.

1 person likes this.
  2. Chamillionaire

Thank you. He'd be the best player here, better than our two "superstars" if you wanna call em that.

Dwight and James, though are very elite players aren't top 5 players. Top 10 - 15. Neither is Bosh.

Put Dwight on that MIA team with Lebron, maybe they win this year.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we whiff here, and Melo goes elsewhere (99%). I'm curious to where our Happy Times are going to come from.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's how I view it, although I'd add that I wouldn't do the deal unless he agreed to an extension first, not if we're including Chandler, who I do NOT want to move if at all possible.

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Or does Riley do the unthinkable and wade is out too?!?!?!

6. Nook

Nook Member

Raptor man is one of the best 3-4 power forwards in the NBA and was more valued by Morey than Carmelo Anthony. He is a perfect offensive and defensive fit. As some others have pointed out, he can even play backup center minutes.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yes, the only situation I can concede losing Parsons is the one where we would get Kevin Love.

but I think we can get Bosh

God I hope we get Bosh

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

There are about 20 teams in the league that if you add LeBron, they become instant favorites to make the finals and win them.

That just proves the greatness of LeBron not the lack of greatness of the rockets players.

But I agree that you could easily argue that James and Howard are not top 5 players.

9. erapmicks

erapmicks Member

CyberX, any inside scoop brah?

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That's fair, but I'm willing to roll the dice to get him without an extension and hope for a magical season this year. I think we'd have a good shot and retaining him because we will go very far in the playoffs with a healthy Harden-Love-Howard core. Once Love tastes playoff success, he won't think about going to a *****ty Lakers team to rebuild.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cant you 3-way Parsons off somewhere, like to LA where they send Randle to Min? I guess I don't see LA doing it.

12. Chamillionaire

They aren't and neither is Bosh. Love, Griffin, and even aging Dirk and Duncan are all probably better than Bosh and I'd put LMA ahead of him as well.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I said it would get you a championship in 2 yrs .. . . would you do it?

Rocket River

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah you run into the same issue.

Why would anyone do a S&T scenario where THEY have to give up good assets to get Parsons just to help you pull off a big trade?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Bosh is a good defender, and is able to defend inside and on the perimeter. He also had a very good rebound % of available rebounds.

Ideally I would like a PF with more of a back to the basket game, but that is NOT what Miami wanted. They wanted the middle of the court open to allow for James and Wade to operate and to allow cutters to the basket.

Most of the defensive issues for the Heat were:

1. Apathy: The Heat were elite defensively for 2+ years, and it is very hard to have that kind of edge every season. James and Wade both took steps back defensively last year.
    2. Lack of a Center: The Heat lacked anyone at the center spot to prevent penetration inside. In prior years this was covered with suffocating D at spots 1-4.
    3. Lack of Depth: The lack of depth really hurt.
    4. Dwayne Wade: He was bad, his defense was as bad or worse than James Harden. He took an unbelievable amount of risks to mask his physical shortcomings.

16. justtxyank

You misunderstood me. I think Love is a great player and I'd love to have him on this team. If we needed a superstar I would be all for gutting this team to get him.

I just think there are more natural fits that are less complicated to pull off so I prefer those routes.

If however you could hypothetically tell me we would sign and trade Parsons for Love, I'd be all for it. That's just not realistic at all.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Maybe we couldn't get Marion, but I think he would be worth a shot? He's getting older, but he could still be a decent contributor off the bench. Dallas has moved forward to sign Vince Carter, but I haven't heard much about Marion yet.

Besides him, I'm not really sure what other minimum players we might target, or how much of a paycut these guys would be willing to take to play with Harden/Howard/Bosh.

That's probably getting ahead of ourselves. We need to see whether or not Bosh signs before we worry how we would fill our roster around him.

18. Chamillionaire

I'm pretty sure I read CP would be open to going to MIN if money was right and also MIN being interested in CP if GS trade fell through.

19. justtxyank

Bosh is a good defender but he is not a rim protector. Nook is right. Once the perimeter defense fell apart in the finals for Miami the defense was atrocious.

As defensive tandem with Dwight, Bosh is a perfect fit. Miami didn't have anyone helping in the paint.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think Morey has an inside scoop.