1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Karolik

Karolik Member

so....according to the media

Lebron waiting for Bosh to leave.
    Bosh waiting for Lebron to make a decision.

We could be here a while if so :(

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This theory just doesn't make sense. The Heat can't add the two players they just did PLUS Melo unless people are taking paycuts or they are working complicated sign and trades with Houston and New York to make it happen. You can't do those though without telling Bosh you want him out.

The diabolical scheming doesn't make sense because ultimately you'd have to be up front to make it actually happen. Just plain dumb.

Simplest explanation usually is the right one. Lebron isn't willing to commit to Miami yet and he indicated to Bosh over the weekend that he wasn't sure what he was going to do. Bosh wants to make sure he doesn't end up without a soft landing spot so he's exploring options.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I hope Bosh stays in Miami. I don't think paying a stretch 4 over $20 million a year who's not on the level of K-Love is a good idea.

4. aristophanes34

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA free agents are like a bunch of girls sitting around trying to decide where to go out for the night</p>&mdash; KFC, Kevin Clancy (@KFCBarstool) <a href="https://twitter.com/KFCBarstool/statuses/486508826653642753">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. justtxyank

Bosh is a better defender than Love and his advanced stats show some really good efficiency numbers. He's just solid all around.

He's definitely not the offensive weapon that Kevin Love is but I've never thought we needed that personally.

As for the 20 million number, I don't think he's worth that. I'd prefer him at 15-17 million, but what does it matter if you are going to be capped out anyway until the cap explodes?

6. Houston_Rockets

I remember when we sign Harden to an extension, forum posters and the media talking about how much of a gamble that was, and how he was not worth it. It´s like people don´t know basketball (I am very harsh on Harden´s game but he is a max guy type of player no doubt).
    Bosh is worth every penny of that 88M contract and he will prove once again he is as good as any PF in the NBA if he plays on a team that demands that, like the Rockets would.

7. htown7829

htown7829 Member

And now NY says that they think Carmelo is waiting for Lebron. Yea welcome to the party NY. If bosh and lebron wait 10 more days, he won't be playing here because chandler isn't waiting till then.

8. derp

derp Member

I agree that Love is worth more than Bosh, but to this team right now Bosh is the better option.

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

That makes for good TV....I personaldon't really believe that. I honestly don't believe in ANYTHING ESPN says really lol. They don't know what these players are thinking....I know Stephen A is IN the know, but he doesn't know that Lebron wants Bosh to leave. By chance...if that IS the case; that's f&ucked up lolol Life though

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny thing is, Love's max is significantly less than Bosh's max (seniority and such has its bennies).

But Love isn't a free agent, and to get him would cost an arm, a leg, ten gold-filled teeth, an eyeball.....

Just overpay Bosh and be done with it. Who cares? It isn't our money.

If we'd had a Bosh last year, overpaid or not, LaMarcus Aldridge wouldn't have slaughtered us, and we would have won that series in 5 or 6. Harden might've even been induced to put forth an effort.

11. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

This is an older tweet from Mrs. Bosh:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick">@EthanJSkolnick</a>: My column on what has separated the Heat's Big Three off the court. <a href="http://t.co/MuaVttgwCe">http://t.co/MuaVttgwCe</a></p>&mdash; Adrienne Bosh (@MrsAdrienneBosh) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrsAdrienneBosh/statuses/483735019261681664">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you follow the link to the article, it talks about choosing to be in control over making more money.

Could Bosh/Howard/Harden dictate to Morey what they want the team to be like? I doubt it. This will be a harder choice for Bosh than I originally thought.

1 person likes this.
  12. Play07

Play07 Member

Bosh is perfect fit over love & melo, besides the idea fit because offense & defense, he's a VET good locker room team guy, and will be a perfect mentor to T.jones, bosh will also get help from DREAM & MCHALE here.

Bev
    Harden/Daniels
    parsons
    bosh/Jones
    Howard

( Bima thug bimathug ) is this possible ? and if so what money will we have to fill roster with other players. MLE BLE etc or just min ?

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

This is just wrong. The Rockets still have plenty of options if they strike out on Bosh and all the other big free agents. They still have good assets in the Pelicans picks and TJones plus a pretty good collection of overseas players. If they hold on to Lin they can take on salary by using his contract.

14. Chamillionaire

I'd rather s&t parsons, NOLA pick, and TJones for Love than sign Bosh. Love's what 25? Same age as James. Bosh is already 30.

But like you said not my money.

15. PCT24

PCT24 Member

You would rather have Love over Bosh, Parsons, Jones and a likely lottery pick? lol

16. justtxyank

You act like that's just a lock to be an option

1) You can't force Parsons to do a S&T to Minnesota. This is the biggest problem. Why would he help you in a S&T to leave when he apparently wants to stay and if were to leave could get an offer sheet from much better places like allegedly the Lakers and the Mavericks?

2) Why is anyone convinced that Minnesota wants Parsons at the max or close to it?

3) Why is anyone convinced that Minnesota would view Jones as anything more than a throw in? Because some random insider on this BBS with no credibility said he's "hot?"

The reality is that if we had what Minnesota wanted we would have already made that deal. The Rockets are not interested in dumping Parsons in a ideal scenario and I really doubt that if the Rockets basically tell him you are out the door that he would want to help them get Love and get himself stuck in Minnesota. He'd be much happier signing an offer sheet to go to LA or Dallas.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Some people play way to much 2K.

18. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read it seems like the only person who is really affected by offering Bosh the max is Les Alexander. We'll be over the cap regardless, so between Bosh (or any max FA) and Parsons, the only real downside to giving them big contracts is elevated luxury tax, not a loss in cap flexibility.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Parsons isn't going anywhere and he's not signing an offer sheet without checking on the timing with Maury.

20. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Probably already mentioned...if SAS is correct about Lebron and Melo playing together....Lebron's camp could have leaked him going back to the Cavs in hoping Bosh will sign somewhere else. (Probably hope another team will offer him a contract he can't refuse, which the Rockets did)

Once Bosh signed with another team, Lebron and Melo could both sign with the Heat. Only issue now is Bosh is waiting for Lebron's decision.

Feels like a really bad breakup coming for Bosh and other big 3.