1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

This board went full meltdown, over known news.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I can't imagine a scenario where Lin doesn't need to be traded.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Strike out on everyone and then have no need to give up the assets needed to dump his salary.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think it has to do with comfortability and money. Melo seems more interested in money and location, Bosh is tied to Lebron, and Lebron wants to win but also get paid the max.

Another thing that I think is really making Lebron's decision even harder is that he wants to finish his career in Cleveland and possibly bring them a title, not to mention, getting paid the max.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We offer him the max that he wanted but decides not to come smh

6. basketballholic

I had not even thought about that. But you're right. That COULD happen. However, it's most likely necesssary to move Lin out in a sign-and-trade to have cap space to re-sign Parsons since a sign-and-trade will hard cap us.

7. batkins

We'd be better off getting rid of Lin with or without a top free agent.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's our plan B and we're his.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Omer Asik can come back and play after his tiff with management, I doubt Lin's situation is anything even as serious as Asik's. It also took more than a year for Morey to trade Kevin Martin after he became unhappy with being subject to Melo rumors, having Adelman fired and then being a part of the vetoed trade.

Houston may well trade Lin. But it'll be done to increase the team's on-court abilities, via Bosh or by some other means. Morey has shown several times he doesn't really care that much about minor episodes of drama.

One thing I can see happening if the Bosh/Love deals fall through is a Lin/Ilyasova trade. The money works out about right. Both guys had less than stellar 2013-14 seasons but can do better in a different setting. Houston needs a spread 4 and MIL can use guard help.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Saw this poster on the Melo thread. Whatever.

11. htown7829

htown7829 Member

At this point, don't care where they go. I'd just like to know where we stand so the Rockets can start working on Love/Rondo type trades. This way at the end were not at the dance without a dance partner

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jesus H. Christ Almighty, some of y'all need to relax. LeBron seems to want to return to Cleveland. If so, he has to handle it with some semblance of dignity that was missing from the Three Ring Circus of the Decision.

Pat, it's been a good run, but I'm going back to Cleveland.

Bam! First domino. That'll be near the 10th.

And on down the line.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

More and more the Lebron to Cleveland thing is starting to remind me of Dwight coming to Houston last year.

Remember how many weird things there were building up to him actually saying he would sign here?

First there was the barber. Then there was the random report of him being in Houston to hop for houses- and he posted a video later that day where he was hosting a basketball camp and said "I'm here at UCLA...... which is in LA!". Then there was the supposed report of a small plane that was owned by one of Alexander's friends (I think?) that was flying to Aspen while Dwight was supposed to be there.

With Lebron, you have this random cupcake store saying he is going to go there. And a random personal trainer saying it is a done deal. There is the betting guy saying that he will bet anyone 1000 dollars that Lebron will go to Cleveland (and that he is looking forward to Miami being a lottery team last year). Las Vegas has raised Cleveland's odds of winning next year's championship from 60:1 to 12:1 (although Miami is still 3:1). The Gilbert letter was all of a sudden taken off of their website- why today? Cleveland has supposedly started trying to find trades to clear salary by trading Jarrett Jack. You even have Broussard saying that it is the front runner and Woj saying that Lebron's agent is pushing for him to go there.

When I first heard the reports that Lebron might go back to Cleveland, I almost laughed. I didn't think it was the best basketball situation at all. But, if Dwight to Houston last year showed me anything, it was that little, random, weird news stories aren't reliable. But when there starts to be more and more and more of them, all that smoke might just be a sign of fire.

Who knows if he will leave or not. It doesn't sound nearly as far-fetched as it used to. And if he leaves (still a pretty big if) I think there is 0 doubt that the Rockets gave positioned themselves to be the major front runners for Bosh.

Whichever way they go, I hope these dominoes start falling soon. I'm tired of all the speculating!

1 person likes this.
  14. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Lins value might actually go up the closer we get to the trade deadline though. Morey does not care...if he has to keep him to maximize that he will.

15. dje243

dje243 Member

You guys are negative as crap. The Lebron wind is blowing in Cleveland's direction. Bosh probably told us that he wants to be in Miami WITH LEBRON. Cleveland is truly a better situation for Bron. His agent knows it, his family knows it, and he does too. Meeting with Riley is to tell him he's leaving (just like Dwight's final meeting with the Lakers). Lebron knows this is the best way to establish his legacy. Once he bolts, Bosh is headed our way.

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

And to think Dwight received a lot of crap about being indecisive.....

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why is there so much pessimism about Bosh not coming now? What happened in the last 2 hrs? Been away

18. batkins

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Popular question raised by last five teams I've talked to: Is Melo holding out in hopes Bosh goes to Houston so he can join LeBron in Miami?</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/486363669949730816">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does Bosh have to leave on his own terms or something? Can they not tell Bosh we're going in a different direction?

19. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LOL jesus you guys need to take a chill pill and stop overreacting. We know Bosh wants to go back to Miami if LeBron goes back. What else is he going to say? That doesnt mean he wont sign with us if LeBron leaves. Patience people.

20. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Agreed. Bosh said he want to stay in Miami if LBJ stay. But if Lebron goes to Cleveland, Bosh will join Houston. Thats how it is supposed to work.