1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FIXED] Who would you rather have on next year's roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Who'd you rather have

1. Bosh + Parsons

101 vote(s)
    63.1%
  2. Melo + Parsons

28 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Love (Parsons gone in this option)

31 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Since the other thread does the question no justice.

I fixed it for what the likely choices are:

Bosh + Parsons
    Melo + Parsons
    Love

Not gonna bother with Lebron because I don't see him coming here and everyone would vote for him anyways.

2. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

dream scenario? love + parsons

1 person likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Love and who's the Parsons replacement? Ariza? Of so, Love and Ariza

4. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Bosh fits this team like a glove. A team of Bev, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, and Howard is the best basketball fit out of all the options listed.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Love and Tucker please!!

6. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Dream scenario lebron and parsons

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

wonder if ppl chose bosh parsons options since its seems like the most realistic option at this point.

I was always for getting bosh, no matter how annoying he is to me.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Interesting!

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I voted for Bosh+Parsons. Love is my #1 choice, but if it costs us Parsons, I think that pushes it down a notch.

One thing that crossed my mind. Les has always been great when it comes to spending his yearly $3m (and whatever it was before the new CBA) to help the team. If we're over the luxury tax, would he be more hesitant to spend on things like this? Could it be the same when it comes to the Toyota Center, and the fans? Will concessions go up? Will merchandise go up? Will giveaways decrease? Ticket prices are pretty much expected to go up....maybe they'll go up even more now. Of course we were the third most profitable franchise, so maybe that gives us some wiggle room.

Having another max player, and a better shot at making it out of the 2nd round (don't want to get my hopes up just yet), definitely make this worth it. With great pleasure comes great sacrifice!

10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Bosh and then trade Parsons for Rondo.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would give up Parsons for Love and try to get a more defensive minded SF.

Bev
    Harden
    Tucker
    Love
    Howard

That'd be a huge upgrade over last year's starting lineup.

12. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I haven't thought of that. that would be just as good if not better than bosh+parsons IMO. Not sure how realistic that is, depending on how much tucker costs.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Love all the way.

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Really, I`d be happy with any of the above.

Melo is maybe the biggest "star" of the group. The only one that could be a number 1 option on a team. For us he would mean, that we probably won't have any bad sequences when Harden goes cold, because he can carry us. Plus it means we always have a true number 1 option on the field.

Bosh is the best all around player for us. He gives us a midrange threat, he is a very good passer, he is ok with being the 3d option, he rebounds, he plays very good defense and he can play some backup minutes at the 5. When everyone is on their game, he would be our best option, but he is not someone that can carry us.

Love is young and has 2 elite talents that Morey really values. He needs a player like Harden who can create offense and he needs a player like Dwight, that can help him on defense. With him our future would look even better - but our defense would suffer and we would lose Parsons.

Really, getting any star is usually a good move - so we take whoever we can get. I could see us trying to get a FA so we can keep Parsons - a big 3 with Parsons could do some serious damage. But Love is hardly plan b - getting a star that`s only 25 years old, well that`s a pretty good move as well. So if we can get any of those 3 I'm a very, very happy camper.