1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. N/A

N/A Member

seems pretty clear that people who dislike Lin think this isn't a big deal and those that do think it is. It really depends on where you stand with him. Obviously Clutch is the former.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

3. N/A

N/A Member

you are about as bright as she is.

1 person likes this.
  4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

EXACTLY!!!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Exactly. It was a non-issue until Lin went to his 1.28 million followers on twitter about it. A medium that is not private to anyone.

He went against the family.

7. Razsan

Razsan Member

I live in the east coast and no-one cares about this...why do you? What irks you so much about this? Listening to talk radio, almost to a man, they think that the Rockets dissed Lin, Lin responded, end of story, no big deal. On to a real story.
    You'll have your wish, he won't be a Rocket in a few days and your life will be back to whatever it was before Lin.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

The media ran the stories because of Lin's tweets. Using religion to start wars. Is Lin a terrorist now?

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

The media ran the stories because of the Rockets buffoonery..
    Face it, the whole thing is overblown and short of a bunch of Rocket fans who won't let it go, the story is dead.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lebrons pitch had him wearing t-jones' number. Same with Dwight's last year. It's really not a big deal.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It only became a big deal because Lin being the petulant, thin skinned, mentally weak drama queen that he is took the whole episode to social media to make a big fiasco out of nothing and to gain support from his delusional brain washed groupies.

All Lin had to do was keep quiet and there would have been no issue. Afterall, this kind of thing happens all the time but when it happens to Lin it becomes major news because of Lin's piss poor personality crying foul and using the bible to paint this "Lin vs the NBA" attitude.

12. Razsan

Razsan Member

The real issue is that it happened and BOTH sides screwed up...then the relentless attacks by Rocket's fans kept it alive on the GARM much longer than it deserved to be.
    Let it go.......

13. theangrycanary

I'm kinda shocked that at this point Houston isn't even in the running for Carmelo. According to the 'news', its between NY and the Lakers right now.

Seriously? The Lakers? Over the Rockets? Insanity. What kind of horrible pitch did Houston give? What am I missing about all of this? What are all these free agents thinking thats making them pass on the rockets?

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Lin cried for a minute while you've been crying for days now.....

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I was just thinking about this, If Dmo knew there was a poster of Carmelo in the lockeroom Lin must have known as well right? Why did he wait to tweet out he felt disrespected when Carmelo was in town?

16. hollywoodMarine

Not really adding anything to the discussion, but I just thought this was hilarious

17. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

The Rockets are Houston's team and I live here so I support them.

However, they did a goof and they are paying a little PR price.

I agree Rockets needed to go for the home run here but it's just business is not good enough.

Morley said "complicated". Didn't have to be but they just assumed Jeremy was nice Christian so he wouldn't do anything about it. Wrong.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is it a safe conclusion to make that you are more butt hurt about Lin's tweet than Lin was about the jersey?

I would say yes.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He isn't passive aggressively posting biblical verses... So not really?

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

"they just assumed Jeremy {...} wouldn't do anything about it"?

Lin couldn't do anything about it. He's an outgoing bench guy. Whining on Twitter was the only way he could show his displeasure, and he even did that in a passive-aggressive way.

If the Rockets could somehow magically keep Lin and still get Carmelo (impossible, I know, just an example), they'd be within their rights to hand #7 to Melo and make Lin choose another. Bench players don't get to dictate such things.