1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You do realize it's all about fit right?

Patrick Beverley is our starter because he fits better with the starters.

While Lin was suppose to bring the offensive punch off the bench.

If Lin was with the Sixers, all his fans would be having a blast right now.

He will be putting up numbers during the Linsanity era, except they will be losing.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

http://youtu.be/Cb1OxJ3EJ6c MCW against the Miami Heat

http://youtu.be/15Z0US7lPp4 Prime Jeremy Lin against the Miami Heat lmao......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cb1OxJ3EJ6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/15Z0US7lPp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QnIDUaFAmYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vtqKzZ0KFJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too much closet biasedness in this forum.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Michael Carter Williams almost had a triple double on the Miami Heat this past season while Lin only scored 6 and 7 points on the Heat. Lmfao.:grin:

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

One game does not define your whole rookie season, and the whole "he played on a bad team" argument doesn't help either. If you're good, you're gonna play well and not just stuff the stat sheet, but actually make an impact. Whether its 30 wins or 60, you'll make an actual impact and show you can ball

I mean that "Prime Jeremy Lin against the Miami Heat lmao......" is just really, really, really bad.

Hold up. Let me get the stats of where MCW plays badly against the Lakers. (a Lakers team that sucked nuts)

Final score: 112-98.
    Stats for MCW: 4-12 for 10 points, 1-4 from the line, 7 assist, 4 TOs and 3 fouls.

Now let me get the video of Jeremy Lin dropping 38 on the Lakers while the Lakers made the playoffs.

[that video]

Now do you understand how bad that argument you had was?

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Look man, I'm not a huge fan of Lin either, but don't ride MCW's nuts to prove your point that "Lin sucks." It's absurd to think MCW is that much better than Lin.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just want to know what kind of fluids are being traded.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

hey-oh

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

blood and semen.

not mixed

10. tadahito

tadahito Member

MCW shot 39% FG in college and 40% FG last year. That's quite hard to do when you're 6' 6".

11. calcium

calcium Member

I remember that Lin Miami game.

And I think there was an interview with Wade (I think) where he mentioned
    something about the Heat targeting Lin cos there was this MASSIVE Lin
    hype coming into that game.

Lin mentioned something about having difficulty just bringing the ball
    up to the half court line let alone playing. :)

Like JVG, I think Lin was overrated during Linsanity.
    And like JVG, I think he is underrated now.

I'd google said interviews but I need to do some work now :)

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Id take MCW over Lin anyday

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Lmao @ Lin stans completely ignoring Lin scoring only 6 and 7 points against the Heat this past season on the Rockets. What will be their excuse in Lin's defense this time? He came off the bench? lmao. Also saying MCW is a terrible shooter is a terrible argument also. Jason Kidd's one of the greatest players of all time and couldn't shoot worth shit.

14. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Morey needs to pull the trigger on this trade if he really has it... Lin cannot be here another day much less a week. Even if we give up "our" first rounder for next year. Free up the cash call Bosh and offer him all of it. I think he will call Bron... Bron will say take it man I'm out. Sign Frye to MLE

Howard/Frye
    Bosh/Tj
    Parsons
    Harden/Johnson
    Beverley/Canaan

Bosh is all we need! Defense outside shot and championship experience

15. Play07

Play07 Member

I feel the same way just complete the trade, LAKERS/nash CAVS/J.jack are trying to move them with picks also to free up room, and they are cheaper on the owner.....

No reason to hold lik until deadline etc of you strike out on big FA's can't trust that teams will take him, will he be healthy, how would he perform under pressure after the jersey BS, and it's dumb bringing him back after you put melo in his number anyway

16. jason330i

jason330i Member

Boy you sure can't stop talking about Lin.

Personal issues?

Haha.

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

What is it with you and the miami thing? Mcw is a better and more consistent player than lin. Continually going back to the miami games as a comparison is stupid and pointless

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

No it's not because I'm proving that MCW is having quality games against one of the best teams in the NBA while Lin consistently plays like crap against one of the best teams in the NBA . That was a great way of proving that Carter-Williams is better than Lin.

19. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I think Lin is either an average to just slightly below average starting point nba guard or an excellent backup point guard, who is much better in the right system (that emphasizes pick and roll for the point guard). I also think he has room to grow. He's basically played in the league full time for 2 1/2 years. But MCW blows. Worst rookie of the ear ever and voters were blinded by raw stats. His shooting percentage and turnovers and advanced stats just completely sucks. Also relying on the Miami game is stupid. If someone being targeted by lebron and the Miami heat, they're not gonna do well usually. You don't think the other teams during linsanity were also trying to stop Lin? Of course they were. He's shown lots of flashes. He needs to get turnovers down and play smarter and more consistent. You know, things that often get better with experience. I don't actually think MCE is better or more consistent than LIn right now. He may be more valuable on potential and out it together later on but he blows chunks today. BTW most of this comment was to the other poster who keeps using the Miami game as the reason why Lin sucks but ignores all his great games and his advanced stats.

1 person likes this.
  20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

People keep bringing up how Michael Carter Williams turns the ball over so much, but that's all Lin did during the Linsanity era was turn the ball over. Hypocrites SMH.