1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[How can she slap?] Texas Tech Rec Center Fight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Smokey, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Double standard at its finest. She's probably their best player and he probably isn't that good or expected to get playing time.

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

She's their best women's basketball player. He's their best incoming football freshman.

Women fought for equality. She should suffer the same penalty.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

I think him getting kicked out of school was too much.

In retrospect the girl he hit was not in anyway seriously hurt. On top of that ofc she was the initiator. While I do think men should hold back the degree of retaliation in these circumstances for simply being the physically stronger gender, the context, as well as the damage done needed to be the main factors in determining the punishment. Kicking someone out of an institution just because he "punched a girl in the face" should not be allowed to stand as a precedent for future cases.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

The video mentioned the woman needing surgery.

It sounds like the guy went Begbie on the woman.

NSFW
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vc3E7UkIzt4?start=124" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I hope its nothing serious.. but I have a feeling she's fine. A broken nose also requires surgery. You could get a broken nose from just about anything.

[​IMG]

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Did you even read the article ? Says she'll need surgery :rolleyes:

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

In addition to this twerp still being an unproven quantity after drawing the worst possible attention to his school, he's also stronger and can hit harder. Imagine if the other Lady Raider b-ballers tried to physically retaliate or something, he'd be like a hextuple murderer. Heck, he's lucky as hell the male hoopsters didn't get a hold of him. I don't know how the heck you get pissed off in a cross-gender ball game.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

She is the one who got pissed off, started the fight and apologized for punching him in a formal statement released by the university. He was punished for being stronger and ending the fight she started.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Two ways to "end" a fight are to cause more physical harm to the other person, or, being a top-level athlete who is also physically larger and stronger, just walk or run away, and then file your own assault report. No reason the University should invest another penny in this moron.

13. Bandwagoner

He isn't a lineman though, he is the same height as the girl.

I'm playing devil's advocate here because it sounds like he lost his cool and wailed on her, but if it was two guys nothing would have happened. Even if you are stronger, it isn't easy to get away from someone punching you.

TTU can kick him out if they want, but I think any criminal charges against him are not warranted.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I can't understand how they can state zero tolerance but not dismiss the girl.

Do I condone him hitting the girl? Nope. If he deserved to be dismissed because of zero tolerance then the girl should have been dismissed as well, especially since she clearly acknowledges that she initiated the incident.

if the roles were reversed in this situation we would be in a different situation all together.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

I once saw video of a man getting beaten by two women smaller than he was... He kept shoving them away but they kept coming back, kicking and hitting him... eventually one coming from his blindside as he was turning to get up off the ground and walk away...after stumbling trying to fend them off by just shoving them... kicked him hard across the jaw, dazed him and temporarily knocked him out to the cheers of the girls' friends...

Why this started...? I have no idea... they were all probably drunk... as it was taking place during an outdoors party...

The point is... sometimes size and strength doesn't matter... Sometimes women insist to the point where one has to retaliate... The freshman in question seems to have gone overboard in this situation... but, it still doesn't change the fact that the girl admitted to starting it and to throwing the first blow... Maybe that was hard enough to piss the guy off to the point of giving her a sound drubbing... who knows...

You can't just lay one-sided blame here... especially when the other party has already admitted fault in starting the altercation...

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Do you have a link to this video? Can't picture a guy getting knocked out by a girl lol.

17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

If theyre gonna kick him out of school they need to do the same to her. She even admits she started it. Also, can he still play for a different school or is that against the NCAA rules?

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Maybe he thought she was a dude. I know that picture on the article looks like dude to me

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Both need extensive jail time. Bad role models for all the children in the world.

20. Bandwagoner

She looks like there might be some testosterone flowing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]