1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The trade tonight (Asik to NO for future 1st) signifies one thing: Morey's prize is Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dat Dude, Jun 25, 2014.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I think Love is playing it smart and waiting to see what offers that Minny bring to the table to see if he will give the team any kind of verbal commitment to get the best deal, and then he just responds from there.

There is no reason for Love to be spreading knowledge of who he wants Minny to trade with at this point. That only hurts both of them ultimately.

2. basketballholic

There is the distinct possibility that Love to Houston has been on for a few weeks now and Flip and Morey have been working together to maximize the trade on both ends. There is the possibility that Houston is on the very short list of teams that Love would be willing to re-sign with. That list may be only one team or maybe as many as 2 or 3 teams max.

3. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Lakers got Dwight without his consent. All deals can be re-negotiated if both sides consent to rework a deal. Otherwise, Love is not in Houston plan as far as Morey is concerned.

4. FANfrom86toNow

Are you a hidden insider? :eek:

5. basketballholic

No. But I do have some insider connections. Take that for what it's worth.

6. FANfrom86toNow

I believe it...it explains a lot of your positions..and concessions. :)

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not true if you believe his buddy Jarrod Rudolph.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Ok, but what does that have to do with my comment?

Even if he's a restricted FA, Parson's has choices. We can't make him agree to a SnT to Minnesota. There's very likely to be other teams that he would want to play for that will offer him just as much. So why would he agree to go to Minnesota rather than just signing an offer sheet with one of those teams?

9. FANfrom86toNow

I explained that already. If you read my previous posts, his incentive would probably be an extra 8 million or so over 4 years....if it were to even happen. I'm not saying IT'S HAPPENING...I'm just throwing out what is possible.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

First, the rockets have a better chance for Melo than Love. If we can have a trade for Love, the rockets may not be a preferred team for Love to select, but if Flip elects to trade him to the rockets, I do not see a reason that he refuses to resign here. Otherwise he is just a loser who does not care winning a NBA title.

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Why does Minnesota want to pay $2m per season above market value?

12. MichaelG281713

We're not going after Love. He's not worth a max contract. It's that simple.

You don't get rid of Lin, only to overpay somebody else tremendously.

If we can't get LeBron or Melo, that doesn't mean we should just spend money simply because we can.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If it means getting Kevin love you get rid of Lin every day and twice on Sundays lmao

14. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Happy Times cryptic tweets have me believing that the "filing of paperwork" could signify that a trade for Kevin Love is in the works. Thoughts?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

16. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Well, that is certainly simple, but I can't disagree more.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

The best PF in the game isn't worth max. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I doubt that. If the Wolves play out the year they can get a whole lot more than that at some point before the deadline. At the very least they're getting rid of Martin too. I suppose a lot depends on Love's willingness to sign an extension. I don't what Love thinks is going to happen next year if he becomes a free agent, he needs to give Minnesota a list and commit to resigning somewhere now.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is the Klay possibility dead because Klay would not commit to signing an extension with Sota?

Is Sota willing to sufficiently overpay Chandler to get him to agree to an SnT?

Love's commitment is major, but not the whole picture.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If it brings back Love, then there is no reason not to trade Parsons....
    That is, if we had Melo already.