1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These NBA players have no idea how to eat, man. They're all molded to live in Katy. Seriously, not even joking. For once. It's that AAU coddle my nuts mentality. Connor Barwin never ate like a b****.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Carmelo wants to win so why would he go to a scrub team like the Lakers (besides Kobe and Randle)

3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Where/when did he say this? Radio? Twitter? TV?

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's all about the Macaroni Grill, bruh.

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The only way they have a real shot is if they can get a 2nd superstar there. Otherwise it's a lateral move from nyk and ny can give him the extra year so more money.

Lbj, Bosh are the only options. They'd have to trade for love. Don't see a clear /easy path for any of that.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We know they're not getting LeBron so who else is a big name player?

7. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

This is mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it's not as hard when some teams are willing to bend over for you. Dwight trade was a good example.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I I can recall some X- poster on lakersground claiming melo would go to LA a few days ago. Apparently he's legit.

Probably nothing though, don't see any logic going there but just passing that along.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

That's exciting, but I'll take Damon Jones' opinion with a grain a salt due to his history with H-Town: born in Galveston, former Coog, spent offseasons at the Fonde...

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm done for awhile after this. Again, I'm a regular guy with some really cool friends/relationships/business ties. I'm not trying to be Broussard (fake) or be like Woj. Really,I just want to share what I *can* with my friends (you, Rockets fans.)

It's a "brother's" opinion, but this is as non-cryptic as you're going to get from me. The Hip Hop fans will know what this implies. The cold is not Charlie Sheenin' at the moment. Peace.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f0RyO0JGTFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I could see NYK accepting a SNT of Melo and JR Smith for Nash and Julius Randle.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I believe Damon Jones has a weekly segment on SR610. No surprise he feels the Rockets have the best shot, since he's around Rocket talk all the time.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I only like country music. Your cryptic doesn't apply to all of us. Codman is racist.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Cod,

I'm an old-time rock n' roller and don't understand hip hop. Can you give me the cliff notes version.

15. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Not a direct quote from Melo himself, but...

Free agency opens on July 1, and, the source said, Anthony would like, “the Dwight Howard treatment.” That means he wants to go through the same sort of process that Howard went through last summer, when Howard set up shop in Los Angeles and set up meetings with five teams—Houston, the Lakers, Dallas, Golden State and Atlanta—each of whom came in and made formal presentations.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-04-21/new-york-knicks-fire-mike-woodson-caremlo-anthony-2014-nba-free-agency-phil-jackson-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-houston-rockets

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Don't have a clue either but from the title "Lost One" I assume he thinks we lost a big FA.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure if you can answer this, but are your ties with players or Rockets or both? As in, are you hearing the Rockets side of things or is it more unbiased.

Edit: These are the lyrics to the song. I can't really decipher it. Some words seem to imply no. Others maybe. Overall I'm getting a feeling of... not likely.
    http://rapgenius.com/Jay-z-lost-one-lyrics

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

hip hop has english lyrics like most american songs lol

not that difficult to understand

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

'Lost One' sure sounds like it could mean something. If I could only put my finger on it... ;)

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Means that Melo is going to do what's going to make him the most comfortable (going with his gut and be with his friends and family) rather than making the best decision possible (e.g. rockets)