1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Pacers interested in Dragic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsmee2000, Jul 3, 2014.

1. raining threes

Agreed,

That means Morey would have to find a 3rd team to take Lin's contract. (Shouldn't be a problem)

Agreed about wanting Gogi. He played at an all NBA level last yr. Having him feeding Dwight and Harden would be a thing of beauty. I would be willing to part with Parsons to get him. The Rockets wouldn't be championship contenders next yr but would be fun to watch.

If Morey cant get James/Anthony this yr then trading for Gogi and making a run at Durant next yr would be the way that I would go.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bev is a net 0. Lin is a negative which I don't understand why morey hasn't shipped hI'm out since he's bragging about having a deal. Melo isn't going to solve our coaching, ball distributing, philosophy, coaching, player usage... let's face it,.he's not the answer. We need a PG the most. Bledose or dragic

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Suns have cap room for Melo & LeBron... Somehow work a 4 team deal to send Eric Gordon & Thad Young there. Those are Tto players the Suns had interest in.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I know they were jonesing for Gordon before but I don't know about now. Dude is broken and costs way too much for what he produces.

And I have a feeling that Sarver is only going to spend his money only 1. if he has to (i.e. match offers for Bledsoe) or 2. for elite FA (LeBron/Carmelo).

5. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Assuming the $ bonuses from Lin's fanbase are true, Lin should have positive monetary value that makes up for his salary. He just doesn't have the basketball skills to justify it. That means he's perfect for a team with lots of cap space where they don't need to win now. That exactly describes Philly. It exactly describes Houston 2 years ago when we signed him, too.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whispers are already out there, <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA">@ZachLowe_NBA</a>, about Indy trying to pull in Boston to construct some sort of multi-team deal involving Rondo</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484712721045127168">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. basketballholic

Are you saying they want to S&T Bledsoe?

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Indy's target is not Rondo:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Attention cut-and-paste feeds w/reading comprehension issues: Indy's target is Goran Dragic. That's what <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA">@ZachLowe_NBA</a> and I were discussing</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484718803327021056">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. pacertom

pacertom Member

Rondo to Phoenix
    Dragic to Indiana
    Stephenson to Boston

10. jvu

jvu Member

[​IMG]

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No way they put a package together good enough for the Dragon!

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

If Dragic is available, the Rockets need to be on the phone. Like right now. Wouldn't mind Dragic and either Frye or Tucker.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If we can get Dragic for Parsons and then sign Deng, I will go for it. Otherwise no.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think the pacers are going to try to talk up Hibbert and hope some desperate center needing team will bite.

Then try to flip those assets + George Hill for Dragic.

Not saying it's likely or will happen, that is just what I'd assume they'd like to do.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What happen to them being able to afford both Melo and Lebron? lol

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lol perfect

17. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

In what backwards world is anyone trading Dragic for Roy Hibbert?

Did everyone miss the fact that Hibbert somehow recorded multiple games where he player 25+ minutes, and manage to NOT get a rebound as a 7'2" center? How is that even possible?

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

They have nothing to offer... Not gonna happen

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

PHX has extra draft picks, including a possibly juicy one from the Lakers that is only top 5 protected in 2015. Morey should try to get Dragic plus the Lakers pick for Harden.

Boston also has extra picks. Morey should try to get Rondo plus some extra pick(s) for Harden.

The extra pick(s) can then get packaged with other assets in a Love trade.

20. gregas

gregas Member

LOL a negative asset and a late lottery pick at best won't get you an all NBA guard. Not remotely close.