1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin used the word of god in blasphemous manner yesterday.

In subsequent tweets he posts the turn the other cheek scripture followed by one claiming a right to defend himself and claim disrespect.

Jeremy should do further study on the scripture and the word Christ spoke because he obviously doesn't know what turn the other cheek means if he thinks it means stand up for yourself and tell the world how unhappy you are.

2. calcium

calcium Member

And I say Big Deal!

So what if he feels upset. It's normal, I reckon.

And he's just a kid. Let him grow up.

A big fuss about nothing. I dont know why you guys are making
    such a big deal about him being upset.

Pffft.

3. mm80x

mm80x Member

If the shirt was number 11. Wesly Snipes and Robert De Niro would be all over this...

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

A kid who's 5 years away from middle age...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>We really gonna do this thing where a photoshop involving Jeremy Lin's jersey #, and Lin's measured reaction, is a giant story?</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/484455679072411648">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I do wonder if Lin wants outta here. M first reaction was that this is unlike him and maybe he wants the rockets to trade him.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Lin is tired of all the trade speculation. He says that he's used to it now and it doesn't bother him, but he's lying. It obviously gets to him. He's sensitive, so you know it affects him.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Most are making a big deal of all the white knights rushing to his defense for this, not really him.

Aa for being a kid, I wish when I was his age I had gotten to use the just a kid excuse still. That stopped working for me when I was 15.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Regardless of who is right or wrong, tweeting about it was probably not the best idea. At this point, regardless of the outcome of us trying to sign a top free agent, Lin's agent should probably now demand a trade. Shots have been fired by both sides and bridges have been burned. What a sad way to end an otherwise amiable relationship.

9. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

What's hilarious is this jersey thing has been getting attention from everyone around the NBA, not exactly a good look for a team trying to recruit a big time free agent right?

10. calcium

calcium Member

I think when you are a pro-baller, 25 is 15. :)

Look at JR Smith :)

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If I were a professional athlete and I was vulnerable to butthurtedness about being traded/cut for someone else, I'd probably make sure my contract wasn't way over my value and I'd also ensure I had a no trade clause.

When athletes sit down at the bargaining table, they bring their lawyers and it's all business. But the moment they sign the deal, they want things to be all buddy-buddy and demand loyalty, etc.

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

12. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Yeah if I were Melo, I'd be like, "Um....thanks, but no thanks. I'm off to the Lakers."

This stupid controversy is probably gonna scare him away.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lin is mentally weak, he showed that in playoffs..

I don't care what he does as long as he leaves...

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Are Lins checks from the Rox still good?

If they cash he has nothing to complain about.

DD

15. calcium

calcium Member

This is good logic.

They pay you money, they get to screw with you.

There should be more professions like this.

I like it.

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree that this is way overblown but you should at least include all the facts. Part of the reason why it's such an issue is because it looks like someone in the Rockets FO tried to do damage control with the comments to Woj and got caught lying.

17. jason330i

jason330i Member

there goes clutch again talking about lin fan crazies.

isn't about half of the posts criticizing the rockets from pre-2012ers? so by definition, not LOFs.

:rolleyes:

18. jets fool

jets fool Member

Things ain't been the same on CF

19. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

The Bulls had billboards at United Center with Melo in a #7 Bulls jersey. the bulls have a player, Thornike Shengalia, on their roster, who wears #7. Im still waiting for this to become a story. Still waiting for Shengalia to comment via Twitter........

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Morey should put every free agent that he brings in for a visit in a #7 jersey. Then Jeremy can cry on twitter and quote Biblical verses.

1 person likes this.