1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

and it's telling how clutchfans is the ONLY sports forum on the internet that lacks the maturity to discuss this situation without resorting to 4th grade level name-calling. that really speaks volumes that about how the hate towards Lin on clutchfans has reached a epic, stupid level. of all the Rockets forum I lurk, Clutchfans is the only player that the acronym, LOF, exist.

2. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

yea you're right. the guy that does whatever the team tells him to is a bigger prima donna than the guy that pouts on the court whenever he doesn't get what he wants. for the Rockets sake, i hope Chris Broussard is actually right for once and the team plans on a s/t for Lebron with Harden after the Rockets signed Carmelo.

3. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

only forum*

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If you were here prior to Lin, you may have heard of the acronym YOF. But of course you weren't and you refuse to see the truth

5. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

lol...YOF? wtf.

6. calcium

calcium Member

For sure.

But I suspect his fond memories of dealing with McHale did not help either.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yes, YOF

This forum is not unfamiliar with an invading fanbase...however this new breed more delusional than ever

8. calcium

calcium Member

I think you guys should chill.

Love will go to LA, which he's stated a pref for.
    Melo will either go to the Bulls or more likely, stay in NY ($$$ talks).

LeBron/Bosh/Wade will be the Heat again.

Lin will remain a Rocket so he gets to keep his precious #7.

And the GARM will be what it is :)

There. Solved. :)

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dear God, please let the trade happen soon.

LOFs are in a permanent state of butthurt and Lin himself, I'm sad to say, is mentally weak. Time to upgrade and move on for the Rockets.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Lebensraum

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lowry came out and said he regrets how he handled the situation here so I don't think it played any role whatsoever. It was always going to come down to money for Lowry.

12. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

There you go with the butthurt slang again. You really ought to come out of the closet since you are so preoccupied with one's anus.

13. calcium

calcium Member

Gets a lot of clicks, dude.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

voice of anus ;)

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I never said he was a bigger prima Donna than anyone else. I'm telling you that Lin is a prima Donna. His faith grounds him, which is good if he wants to be humble in image at the very least. But every once in a while, the ego comes out.

Pouting about plays on the court is way different than pouting about business off the court. In any case, pouting on the court is not publicly addressed. I. The post-game, Harden or anyone who pouted never reveals why they were pouting or that they were even pouting. Tweeting about issues is an indirect way of telling your team you've got issues with them. It's social media so the public gets to chime in. Why would you air dirty laundry for everyone to see? Also replying and confirming that you're upset to a fan's tweet response? Now Lin's just having a conversation about business to the fans! While his team is trying to improve.

Not sure why you hate Harden so much, but that's up to you. I'm telling you about Lin and the topic of this article and thread.

16. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

From the land down under.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

in a few months this will all be forgotten, lin will gone and the board will be back to it's pre-lin state and the war will be over.
    until lin returns to play with a new team which will be interesting based on the track record of previous rockets PG's and for some crazy reason how their level seems to elevate especially when they play against the rockets.
    i say the war should be over in the next 7-10 days.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I used it yesterday and today, I think. I guess that's too much. Change it to say that LOFs are constantly whining about nonevents if it makes you happier.

19. bmd

bmd Member

No, it's not like that at all. Look, Lin and Carmelo both wear the same number. Even if Jeremy was 100% staying even after the Rockets sign Carmelo, they STILL would have had Carmelo Photoshopped in a #7 jersey... because that's his number.

Once he's on the team, Jeremy and Carmelo could sort out the jersey number situation themselves.

But just because they photoshopped a picture where Carmelo is wearing #7 doesn't mean he's replacing Jeremy Lin. It means they both wear #7 and that issue will be sorted out another time.

20. calcium

calcium Member

He will only be gone if we get a 3rd star.

And I think the chances of that is not good.