1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We've never seen someone trash McHale, Harden, and Beverley to prop up Jeremy Lin like a whiny b****. Quite a unique argument you have there.

2. mclawson

mclawson Member

So we can expect you to keep posting here regularly in a few months when Lin is gone? Looking forward to it.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So far, no one has.

Even tinman was responding to the guy you quoted

4. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

yea. because McHale, Harden, and Beverly are perfect right?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Have you been on this board? McHale and Harden get trashed PLENTY

6. CometsWin

How far Clutchfans has fallen since you Lin crazies showed up? It's like you folks have amnesia about the stupid crap you've been posting here for 2 years. Now your boy is being shown the door and he's not getting enough respect although according to you all he's been disrespected since the second they gave him $25 million.

7. CometsWin

Of course. That they're not racist, selfish, Lin haters trying to sabotage Lin every step of the way means they're perfect. Once again you have a grasp of the issue.

8. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

i don't post much. i lurk more than I post. i just quoted r/NBA and I never once posted there. PSD is the only forum where I'm actually active. i signed up on PSD as a Rockets fan long before anyone knew Jeremy Lin existed. i know some people on clutchfans frequents PSD and can attest to that.

but yea, the hate on clutchfans towards Lin has reached an epic, stupid level. Rockets fans on other forums generally agrees that Lin is a bad "fit" and needs to be traded. which I agree too. but no fans on any of the other forums feels the need to trash Lin the way clutchfans does.

9. mclawson

mclawson Member

So once he's gone, you're gone? Is that a fair assessment?

10. conquistador#11

the only thing overblown is the reaction that he shouldn't express anything.
    All players do, especially in this twitter era.
    everything written on lin by the lin hunters or lin jerkers is always overblown. pretty clear.

11. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

lol Lin crazies. that's new. what other name/label can you come up with? this is fun and refreshing. i like you.

and i didn't realize signing away professionalism, common decency, manners, respect, and common courtesy was part of the agreement when Lin signed that $20 million contract.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lin just isn't that good, it is as simple as that.

he can have hot games but generally he is inconsistent, he drives in to trouble more often than not. People try and blame the system but it is really his fault that he isn't as good as people make him out to be

13. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

you'll see me post as much as i've always posted....very little unless i feel very strongly about something. so you probably see me on here when McHale makes another dumb coaching mistake or when we lose another game because of Harden's lack of effort.

but i know what you want to hear. you want to hear that I admit that i'm a LOF and that i'll leave forever and ever when Lin leaves. and to get you off this topic, that's what i'm going to admit to so we can move on. and it's pretty much established that you think i'm not a "real" Rockets fan like you and nothing I say will change that so why don't you just label me as a "LOF" and be done with it? i'm a LOF. you're happy?

14. CometsWin

That's because you're ignorant about the fact that what the Rockets did happens all the time per business as usual in the NBA. It's just never an issue because most players don't gave an ignorant, lunatic fan base that tries to find slights and conspiracies in everything that happens with their player.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Come on, clutch. No need for this thread. These sort of things die out on their own. It's not as if people will remember this incident in 3 days when Melo makes his decision or LeBron makes his decision. Just let it go out naturally.

Beside, regardless of whether the Rockets are getting Melo, we are trading Lin this offseason. Whether its salary matching for Love, Rondo, another player, clearing capspace for Stephenson or someone else. Lin will be gone and his fans will start to harass his new team's fans.

16. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

no "LOF" realize this happened until WOJ and Dreamshake on twitter mentioned it...ESPN ran with it..and now everyone except clutchfans think the Rockets organization made a mistake. but you're right. you're crazy conspiracy is right. all this controversy was created by LOFs in an effort to make the Rockets organization look bad and boost Lin's profile.

17. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

like everything else, this is all Lin's fault and the fault of LOFs. Lin and LOFs are the source of all woes for the Rockets. shipping Lin and his fans out will address all the problems facing the rockets and all the holes on our team.

18. makman

makman Member

It's not about hating Lin, every rockets fan wanted him to succeed and he didn't. Blame mchale, harden, Bev, or parsons good looks but in the end we all agree he needs to go. Now as rockets fans we will continue to be fans regardless who's on the roster and that's the difference. The hate isn't towards Lin, but rather the incompetence of his fans and the delusional thoughts that he's a superstar. He's an average at best player who had a great month 2 years ago. This is a place for rockets fans, if Jeremy Lin brought you here and you're still a fan after he leaves, great. That won't be the case though, so real fans eagerly await the mass exodus.

1 person likes this.
  19. CometsWin

Please. Everyone knows that stories about Lin draw you people like moths to a flame. They don't live in some bubble that insulates them to all the trash commentary attacking anyone that dares slight Lin, Mr. All-Star in waiting. Hell they'll probably breath a sigh of relief once Lin is out of the league that they won't get any more tweets and emails from his fans. You guys are like a swarm of bees protecting the hive from... no one,

20. CometsWin

It sure can't hurt. :grin: