1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Doesn't that make Lin's whining even lamer if he knows he is not even going to be here?

1 person likes this.
  2. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Haha what on earth is that. Very sinister smile.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Sloths are such amazing animals. Great for Internet memes

4. TTNN

TTNN Member

this was not shown to the public, Bev might not even know about it or seen it before the deal is done, that's the difference.

The same was the Bosh in Scola's number, Morey met Scola in Dallas, not in Houston.

BTW, thanks Clutch for pointing it out that the big sign for DH was never there before the deal is done, and shown us what really happened. Sure there is difference shown a picture behind the doors vs. shown in public. Though you are trying to blur the difference, but the difference is clear........

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Stop being dense.

That poster on the TC went up after D12 agreed to sign in Houston not during the recruiting process. D12 was not recruited in Houston since all of the recruiting was done in LA last summer.

Lin is showing an extreme lack of respect to the team that is guaranteeing him 15 million dollars this season worth of respect. What has Lin ever done for Houston?

I used to like Lin as a person and cheer for his success on the court but now I just want the little crybaby gone.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are you try to explain what happens in real life to a LOF?

you realize they don't know what real life is?

7. crash5179

Bev had a non-guaranteed contract for 788,000 which could have been cut with out a 2nd thought.

JLin has a guaranteed contract for 15 million next season. Tell me again who you think had more job security? How many times did you here Beverly whine about his back up, JLin, making all those millions while he was only making 788,000?

Don't go away mad Jeremy Lin, just go away.

#67 crash5179, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  8. crash5179

so true

9. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

how do I know clutchfans has become a Lin hate board? when the opinions on this board differs drastically even compared to Rockets fans on other boards. this is clearly a classless move. rockets fans literally on every sports forum on the internet agrees and expressed disappointment in the way the Rockets organization handled this situation. Clutchfans literally is the ONLY board where hate for Lin overcomes common decency and respect.

to quote a user on reddit:

i know i know...since i don't hate Lin, don't hold an unfathomable amount of ill will to him towards him, and don't use him as a scapegoat for everything that went wrong during the season and in the playoffs...i'm a LOF and not a "real" Rockets fans. this "with us or against us" attitude is strong and unique to Clutchfans. and you know what? i don't care. call me a LOF. all of you are just random people on the internet so i can care less about what you think.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

But Carmelo isn't going to sit in Lin's cubicle or desk. Carmelo will get the corner office with the skyline view.

Stupid LOF analogy.

11. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Lin's really been taking the high road and his responses on twitter have been nothing but classy so I don't know where you're getting all this "crybaby, disrespecting the organization stuff." It's more like the other way around, Lin is basically getting blamed for taking a huge contract that our wunderkind GM offered him. It's ridiculous how you people continue to demonize this kid when he hasn't done anything to deserve it. Some of you seriously have some personal issues you need to deal with.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

dropping a proverb about turning the other cheek is not a classy way of handling the situation.

it actually insults people's intelligence they know what he's really thinking

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

what all this comes down to is that it's time for the Rockets and Lin to part ways...regardless if we get another star or not. it's what's best for both parties. The Rockets need a PG that "fits," and Lin needs to go somewhere they respect and appreciate him. The way he has been treated by the team and SOME fans since he signed has been...unfortunate.

and i think sometimes people forget these celebrities are people too. this may be a game to you and me...but it's their job, live, and livelihood. words do hurt. Lin doesn't deserve all the hate he gets. he's been nothing but a hard working class act. he's not selfish. he's done everything the team asked him to. the team lured him to Houston with the pitch that this is going to be "his" team. then we got Harden. and, without complaining, he stepped aside. then as time went on, he went from 1st option, to 2nd option, to being regulated to a spot up shooter (not his game btw, he's a PG), to 6th man. not once did you hear a peep from him. he didn't throw a tantrum like Asik and refused to play. no. he accepted whatever role the Rockets organization ask for him, played hard, and did his best. and THIS is the thanks he get. hate.

but yea, for Lin's sake, I hope the Rockets trade him even if the team doesn't get a 3rd star. He deserves to go to a team where he has the room and opportunity to grow and make mistakes...vs McHale who pulls him right away as soon as ONE mistake while tolerating the mistakes of other players ranging from Harden lack of effort on the defensive end...Harden mentally checking out when he doesn't get to way...to Beverly barely shooting 30% in some games.

plus McHale does have a history of mistreating and not valuing PGs. Goran Dragic and Lowry are two really good PGs we had that McHale also gave the "Lin treatment" to when they were on the team. both of these players thrived as soon as they were traded from Houston. McHale is not a PG's coach. I think Lin will experience the same renaissance with his career that both Dragic and Lowry experienced as soon as he escapes McHale's grasp.

15. JMG524

JMG524 Member

You people are dead wrong if you think the irrationality on this forum will leave along with Lin and his fans.

16. calcium

calcium Member

They'd have done the same thing if Melo had jersey #12 or #13 or #25.

Maybe. :)

I wonder what the respective player's reaction would have been.
    We'll never know, I guess.

I think I'd probably would feel offended if someone did the same to me.

Which I think would be the normal reaction.

17. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

oh noes! you called me a "LOF!" how clever and unexpected of you! my feelings are so hurt! lol is that the best you got? LOF?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

when his fans leave, the amount of Rockets fans will still remain the same

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No one will call you a LOF for questioning professionalism by Morey and the FO. However, using the number wasn't the issue. The problem was with the half-baked response to the fiasco (Woj getting conflicted reports and uncharacteristic Morey statement).

Your comment about Clutchfans being different has to do with the unique situation we are in. Being the oldest and most hardcore group of Rockets fans, we are more than a little inclined to put the team above all else. It would be fair to say that the acquisition of Lin has brought a separate fan base with differing interests than the vast majority of us. Of course we are more than a little bit bitter! The ONLY other fanbase/site that has had to deal with this kind of issue is Lakersground and the Kobe fans. Bottom line, we don't hate Lin, but you are obviously going to get a different response with a different kind of fanbase.

Also, please keep that r/nba garbage out of here. If you frequent there, you are quite familiar with their ridiculous circlejerk.

20. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

you know how the LOH are going to respond to this? by calling you an "LOF." because you don't hate Lin like them. apparently, according to them, the only way to be a "real" Rockets fan is to hate Lin. if you don't hate Lin, you're a LOF and not a "real" Rockets fan. if you sympathizes with Lin, you're a LOF.

that's how far clutchfans has fallen. it's become a board filled with "Stephen A Smiths" who does nothing but insult whoever that disagrees with them, labels whoever disagrees with them, and attempts to discredit people with their own label (kind of like Fox News too). and like Stephen A Smith, these people think the louder they scream "LOF," the more right they are. let's have a contest to see how many people respond to you and me with the "LOF" label.