1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. zilches

zilches Member

If, and admittedly I don't know anything, but if this incident was at all instrumental in Lowry's decision, and the absense of Lowry at all influences Carmelo to go elsewhere, this could very well go down as one of the hugest management blunders and front office arrogance in NBA history. So close to having an all-star (or close to) starting 5 squandered over something so easily preventable. Wow.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Believe me when I say I am not surprised.

Next time read through the entire article.

#42 Zboy, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. highlander3128

Different situation man.

Bev didn't expect to be traded at that point of time, right?

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'll accept this is a possibility, but at this point it is just a fan narrative. We'll likely never know the truth.

5. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

You want to know what is weird? Is that it seems that only the lin haters are making all these threads and replies with regards to this jersey fiasco. Everyone is attacking lin fans but I actually don't see any lin fans replying. I think they're all gone guys and gals. You're all screaming at ghosts. Where are they? All I see is lin hate on every reply. I actually don't see much defense of lin anywhere. This board has gone psycho.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Only select people can see the Pitch at that time... but everyone in houston can see a huge posters and billboards in TC LOL

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/TommyHuynher">@TommyHuynher</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a> would you give up your number to Dwight if we acquired him?” Yes I will. My number is really 21</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/348937756724035584">June 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

You must be blind lol

9. MichaelG281713

You're not foolish anybody. You're a LOF.

There's clearly people defending him on this thread. And they're all over ESPN articles, and all that bull****.

Your man-crush is done as a Rocket. Go bother the teams who are in pursuit, if you find any. Lol.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Dude, Lin and everyone in the NBA world have known that if a third star comes to Houston, Lin is gone.

Everyone who has followed this team since Morey took over know that most of the players are viewed as assets and Beverly's future in Houston wasn't set in stone.

Beverly is a ****ing man though and he doesn't have an array of b****es who only follow him and react like the world is over whenever something doesn't go Lin's way.

This is just Lin fans trying to be the centre of attention as per usual.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

YES! We just have to remember this LOF b.s will be something for another team's fanbase to deal with.

12. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

You have proven my point even more so. Lol

13. RedNation

Your username is far too similar to his. Definitely had me confused fora second

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Please make it stop....
    I felt bad for Lin in the past. But these tweets of him are annoying. I cannot wait for him to be traded.

15. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

The ones that I'm seeing are the old time posters on here that say "I'm not an lof but this is a classless act." So etching along the lines of that message. If that's considered lof, yea, this board has gone psycho.

16. RedNation

Here. Some lin fans themselves feel disrespect as if morey did something to them. If we strike out on melo, he'd feel vindicated. But nope, no defending lin going on here Ghosts. .

Here, have another

You also have someone comparing the situation to a father on his deathbed. I could look in the other thread for many more examples, but is there really a need?

#56 RedNation, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's going to be one of the greatest days ever on Clutchfans. I know you're going to be super busy locking threads/moving them to Dish, but it's going to be glorious when we have the GARM back!

18. zilches

zilches Member

You must have a severe persecution complex. I like JLin both as a player and a person, but it is clear that he is not going to flourish in Houston and actual Rocket fans are going to feel resentful if his contract hampers future growth.

His time in Houston is over. He is a big boy and will do well in life whatever he does. let it go.

19. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

More like a troll comment from there. Most lin fans I've Benin seeing in realgm actually wants melo here and lin gone no matter what. If melo stayed in ny and lin doesn't get traded, it would be nightmare to them.

20. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

We'll I hope his time in Houston is over too. Not sure what u mean about persecution complex.:confused:

But yea, as I'm scrolling down the replies, I see way more lin is a scrub player than vice versa.