1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry but I am neither inaccurate nor wrong, at least about this.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=247785&page=161

I talked about Neymar and James and you derailed it to talk about Colombian strikers.

You start to pull that "defensive" attitude of yours because I only said strikers might not score in every knockout elimination game and they are not on past Ronaldo, Klose's level.

You thought I was belittling Colombian strikers and you got riled up, you continued to argue in a very offensive way about the subject you started and I did not want to talk about.

So I broke it off because there was and is no argumentation with you. You were making a fuss out of nothing that moment.
    But I am not wrong. I had that sentiment before.

2. BasketballReasons

Just watched the game again. Really exciting high-paced game. Should have gotten most americans interested.

[​IMG]

Extra-time takes a toll on players. And to think that 4 days later they need to play again.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Which team did display the type of futbol to win it all? No team impressed me in this round.

#3763 arno_ed, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who was better this round? De Bruyne or Di Maria?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

BasketballReasons, if it takes a toll on the players, how come the middle one is standing?!? He should be on the floor, too. No?
    ¡¡Jajajajajajaja...!! ¡Magnífico! :grin:

Edit: Where is "The Cat" in this discussion?

#3765 SwoLy-D, Jul 2, 2014
  6. FaBo

FaBo Member

Can't believe how stubborn Löw is. "I have made my decisions, and I will stand by it until the end" he said about Lahm's position. It's like the more people criticize him regarding our lineup, the more he tries to go through with his "ideas" so that in case we are successful, he can say something like "I told you so". I do not have a very good feeling about the match against France.

7. leroy

leroy Member

Colombia, IMO, played the best and might just be getting better by the game. If they can get past Brazil, I think they might just win the whole damn thing.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

The silver lining to all this is that Belgium as a team is actually pretty classy and played a good clean game. They showed excellent sportsmanship and character. I'm happy to root for them going forward. That hasn't always been the case in years past.

#3768 DonnyMost, Jul 2, 2014
  9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

What's the knock on Belgium? I clearly remember them being CLEAN in '86 and '02, but I realize most of the peeps watching soccer right now weren't even born yet. :eek:

Got any examples to cite?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about our past opponents, not Belgium.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I don't think Belgium had to be classless or show BAD sportsmanship at all as the U.S. attack wasn't even a threat. :eek:

I think a Brazil style of defending, fouling when a threat is imminent, is the one that is not classy, not smart, but works.

[​IMG]
    See the photo, then:
    only Howard is there. HATS OFF, Tim.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is it a trend now that teams have to go to extra time?

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hate hate hate Löw (not as a human being, just his coaching). I will be there tomorrow. I feel like I will have flown around the world for nothing, with this imbecile of a coach.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Low doesn't reach at least the Finals is he gone? You can't just go with one of the greatest generation of German players and win nothing. I can see some leeway if they play a competitive Finals though.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want him gone, and he will be gone. If we don't win the world cup, he HAS TO GO. If we win it, he also has to go, because he won't be able to top it.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Swoly again showing he is just the first two letters short of class.

DD

17. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Mexican fan mistaking Van Persie for Robben in Brasil.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/01n-miW5OuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. leroy

leroy Member

Was that swolly?

19. mingthething

mingthething Member

He washed out of Manchester United due to poor performance.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Nah brosef, you're going somewhere Donnymost wasn't.
    He is trying to say that unlike say Italy in 2006 that beat the USA and had Danny DeRossi's dirty play in that match which made it tough to root for them, this Belgian team didn't play in that fashion.
    I think he also meant that it was tough for American fans to root for Ghana in 2010 (after the US was eliminated) because they didn't like Ghana's time wasting. So he probably feels the loss to Belgium which didn't involve dirty play or time wasting helps him and other US fans feel better about rooting for Belgium. Hopefully I got that right.