1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors agree to four-year deal with Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 2, 2014.

1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Still have PBev

2. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Maybe the Jeremy Lin situation had an effect on Kyle's decision?

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Rondo to Rockets

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Congrats Toronto. They deserve a decent team.

[​IMG]

5. treeman

treeman Member

Are you leaving when Lin leaves?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gortat and Lowry gone for Miami. If they fail to sign somebody decent it might be the end of the Big 3.

Gasol, Deng and Ariza is all thats basically left.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So Lebron to Rockets?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

At 12M a pop you realize hes only 3M away from the max, right? We didn't clear all that cap space just to blow it on Kyle Lowry smh.

As for those posters talking about how the Rox messed up, there will always be max FAs available every year. If we miss out on everyone then there's Kevin Durant next year. The important thing is you don't panic and waste your cap space just because you have it, like for example paying 12M a year for kyle Lowry.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Heat knew they had dwindling shot at Lowry, especially with everything on hold for Big 3. Lowry wanted to seal things up early, it seems.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/484537495242436608">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. solodolo

solodolo Member

Haha ? 2013 ? Yeah just shut up

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

and Lin (different jersey #).

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe I'm wrong, so many loopholes, but I think the goal was to forfeit maintaining flexibility to go all-in this year. In that case, signing Lowry over market rate doesn't hurt so much. We'll have Parsons on the books next year, plus we'll need to take care of Beverley. The position we're in right now is unique. I don't think this window will be open next year.

13. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's okay for the Rockets, sucks for the Heat though! Haha.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

good for him. glad hes in toronto of all places.

that fan base went crazy for them last year. i hope they get better.

obviously i wanted him back here, but ill always be a lowry fan. glad he didnt end up in MIA

1 person likes this.
  15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watching the playoffs vs the Nets, I am so jealous of the Toronto Raptors fans. They came out in full force. I was so impressed. This is hockey country, and they came out for basketball.

They were packed so deep in that park. For game one Sunday night vs Portland, the Rockets closed off one street, and had about 1000ish people on that street for the Slim Thug performance. It was cool, but it wasn't Toronto.

16. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Parson's contract will already be on the books as soon as we match an offer sheet....plus KD isn't even a FA until the year after next.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Actually it's not just Hockey country anymore. Toronto has an amazing fan base and Basketball is the most popular sport among U-25 youth. Basketball is big in Canada. Good for Lowry though. He needed to get paid. Great guy and a fierce competitor. Glad he's in the East though.

18. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

I get dumber every time I come here.

19. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I would definitely given Lowry 12 million for 4 years and up to 15 million per year if that is what it would toke to get him. He is the best free agent point guard on the market. The point is a position we are week at and it would significantly improve the team.

You have to remember that Lowry gives you scoring (17 PPG), assists (7 per game) and defense. Not all players give you top notch defense. On top of that, his attitude and style of play rubs off on the team, which improves the performance of everyone on the team. That is something not even Harden gives you.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

making bank