1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. conquistador#11

luifa don't do twitter. well he does bu he did come out and say, " they told me they were going to do nothing. "

i got nothing. :p

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The only reason this has nearly 20 pages is because no one is defending lin because he is no good, and two because he cost us a lot of chances.

= only reason we're discussing this is the lof defending him.

Do you not understand he is no longer a rocket if melo comes. Even funnier he still will be shipped just like asik if we don't get melo..

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Morey is not replacing Lin With Mello.. Who wouldn't in the league.. trade Lin's Cap Figure for the chance at Mello? Lin no star so who cares...

4. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Its sad how hes so undervalued by some and overvalued by others....hes a decent basketball player with a bad contract.

Don't over do it...shows how many real basketball minds are here.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I can't imagine the comments that are going to be in the "Jeremy Lin appreciation thread"

6. thejav

thejav Member

i cant wait...:grin::grin::grin:

7. James88

James88 Member

He's a quality NBA starter guys ... for the 76ers. He'll lead them exactly where their front office wants, with Jesus like humility.

8. coffeelover665

Look I have no qualm with Morey, he does what he does because it's his job. It is standard practice? This is the first I've heard of it in the last 4-5 years. It was a mistake that Morey made. It was an oversight and nothing malicious. If Morey would just told Lin and he'd accept it then w.e but he didn't and Lin have every right to be mad and there's no defending that. Does this make Morey a great GM into a bad one? No. Was this a dick move? Yes. It's that simple.

And that number DOES belong to him when he sign his contract. Which is why you don't see any other player with the same number.. and because that's a number that belongs to you while you're on the team, It's also a subliminal message, "yeah if you come, I'm kicking Lin out" send and received by Melo and the world.

9. ryebread

ryebread Member

Not a really big deal, lin should just brush it off, which he kind of did.

dick move by rockets. karma is a b****. Rox strike out this offseason. Melo doesn't want to deal with lin's fans again.

1 person likes this.
  10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah but this is a discussion board and you should be open to the fact that just because someone holds an opinion different to yours doesn't mean it doesn't hold any weight

he was just saying that maybe Lin has a sweet thing going with some dtf harajuku girls in Houston seeing them parade Melo around in his number only cemented that he would be shipped off and he felt a bit pissed off

if Lin feels slighted, so be it, he's a human being and allowed to have emotions, its a ****ing mountain out of a molehill once again with anything Lin related, I'll be glad when he's gone because 90% it'll mean we've landed a third star, because it'll make the rockets A BETTER BASKETBALL TEAM.

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

If he didn't already realize his days in Houston were numbered, then he's oblivious to reality. Also, why are so many comparing the NBA to a normal company? We bank on stability, but all pro athletes understand that they are commodities to be traded. It's the nature of the beast. I feel for Lin, but dude is about to make a cool $15 MM AND will have a place somewhere in the league next year, potentially as a starter.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why the hell would he want to stay here?
    We've been trying to trade him for a year and a half.

Rockets fans booed him in the playoffs.
    We **** on him here every ****ing day.

If I were him I would leave.
    As a fan, I hope he leaves to. Its the best thing for both sides.

13. coffeelover665

You can already bet theres a bunch of hate messages for Carmelo in his twitter and facebook from Lin fans

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Which is a damn shame.

Lin fans should be happy. Whereever he goes, if its a salary dump team, then most likely he's going to be starting and be a 1/2/3 option.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I disagree that it is a dick move. Like Morey said, we've done it before and no one made any fuss. Only now that it is Lin, it is this huge deal. It is a non-issue. People only care because it's Lin. It's basically the Tebow effect.

As for your last statement, you realize that holds true for ANY mega free agent we chase right? For us to sign the players we want to sign, Lin HAD to go. If Lin honestly didn't know, he's an idiot and I know that as dumb as he can be on the court sometimes, as a human he is NOT an idiot.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Gasp! LOFs turn into Melo Only Haters and still haunts CF!

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

what kind of fuqin logic is this?

"you're just an intern, get ****ed"

"you're just a janitor, get ****ed"

"you're not the foremost employee at BAML, get ****ed"

You're basically saying people aren't allowed to be emotionally hurt unless they have the socially accepted street cred to back it up.

You're trying to tell me if the head chef at McDonalds brought Soufle LeSwag in parading him around and then looked at you and said, "give him your spatula, go work in the back" you wouldn't be even SLIGHTLY pissed off?

Oh wait you work at Maccas, you're not allowed to feel human emotions

prick

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The worst part of all this is the enough idiots have been convinced that Morey is the devil. Dude will never win Executive of the Year

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not dismissing Lin's right to be pissed. Pride is fickle. I am just saying that if it wasn't Lin, if it was any other mediocre PG, no would would give a crap. This happens all the time and I don't remember people getting pissed off like LoF's are.

20. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Thats some solid logic...