1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What a dumb thing to get butt hurt over. Can't wait till him and his fans are another teams problem.

2. Xepa

Xepa Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, clearly Terrence will to take to twitter to express his displeasure.

"How are you going to give James my number!?!"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teams have disrespected players who they've realized aren't as good as they thought much worse than just opening up Photoshop.</p>&mdash; Chris Reina (@CR_Reina) <a href="https://twitter.com/CR_Reina/statuses/484448510910033920">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. conquistador#11

for some reason all this reminds me of that scene in saving private ryan where captain miller and the guys are going through dog tags of the deceased joking around. Medic, "The whole damn airborne is watching "

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sorry at people who don't think this is a massive disrespect to Jeremy Lin. Imagine being employed, and then some hotshot interviewee comes in and they come into your office and your boss tells him "this will be your office" right in front of your face while you are sitting in it. That's straight up disrespect/means you are getting replaced and they don't want you anymore.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

EXACTLY!!!

8. TheresTheDagger

First: The red hurts my eyes!

Second: Of course they do. Its called piling on a franchise they don't give a crap about.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

management has a history of a lack of professional courtesy when it comes to the players.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

RealGM is hardly unbiased. Internet forums in general are hardly unbiased. They generally are butt hurt fans with too much free time.

11. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Boy I hope jersey-gate doesn't turn Melo off to signing with us. He may just want to avoid any Lin drama.

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

couldnt care less, we are getting Melo and Lin can go F himself.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I doubt he puts his pursuit of a championship on hold just to calm down a small group of butt hurt fans. If that was true, LeBron never would have left Cleveland.

14. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

Not disagreeing with you, however in this case its quite a bit different. In your example the person being replaced would be unemployed and no longer drawing a salary. Jeremy Lin on the other hand will be making a cool 15 million this year regardless of what happens, and will play on another team. Not to mention the 10 million the Rockets have already paid him.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It's a silly thing to argue about, but it was silly of the Rockets to do it in the first place. Just stick a basketball in front of the number, problem solved.

And "Not concerned about the feelings of a mediocre backup PG" is a very internet thing to say. In real life, you should treat all your employees with respect, whether they are on the way out or not. Period.

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

You may have a point if it were his locker or something, but it's a god blessed number on a jersey for Jesus' sake.

17. Xepa

Xepa Member

Every fan is biased towards a team. But when there's teams involved that you don't care one way or another, there's no incentive to give anything except your honest opinion.

And the honest opinion of the majority of basketball fans is that this is classless and disrespectful. It sets a bad image to future FA that Morey just uses players like chess pieces, a reputation he had previously been fighting.

Compare that to organizations like the Spurs or Lakers (or hell, even the Heat now with Riley). It's a championship culture for a reason.

What a terrible move. Stop denying it.

And this is why it's an ESPN story.

18. rabblerabble

rabblerabble Member

I'm inclined to trust the agent on this one, as see it as more likely he's taking a "no need to shield this organization" instead of a "I'm going to show every other franchise that working with Lin is even harder than they imagine".

I don't think the Rockets were under any obligation to inform Lin out of courtesy, but they shouldn't have had their front office guy try to get ahead of the story once they saw the deserved backlash. Only compounding things instead of owning up to their desire to have Carmelo Anthony even if that meant losing Lin, a desire that every team in the NBA has (though if it works out for the Rockets it means it didn't work out for the Knicks previously).

1 person likes this.
  19. coffeelover665

You're missing the point and nick-picking at his statement to respond.