1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Trouble brings $$$.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Maybe if Lin didn't continually give the ball to the Blazers, he wouldn't be so worried

3. zoids

zoids Member

I am happy for Lin to leave such a hateful work environment, it reminds me of Yao's final days when he's injured and everyone just hated on him.

4. James88

James88 Member

Someone needs to photoshop Lin in a D-League uniform. That's where he belongs.

5. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Lowry wore No.1 before joining rockets. He wore no.3 in raptors for some time after the trade.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ah, yes, I remember it well: Yao's teammates and front office had nothing but awful, terrible things to say about him. :rolleyes:

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its classless imo tbh, fwiw.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Spoke to Lin's agents, Jim Tanner/Roger Montgomery, who say that Houston did NOT inform Lin that the No. 7 would be used for Melo images.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484447119340609536">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spoke to Lin's agents, Jim Tanner/Roger Montgomery, who say that Houston did NOT inform Lin that the No. 7 would be used for Melo images.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484447119340609536">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It'd be bad recruiting to put Melo with a different jersey number. If he wears 7 then it's 7. If that was Harden's number I would have still done it. By itself, it isn't so offensive. What he's butthurt about is that its an open secret that he will be traded to make room for Melo/FA -- what's worse, likely dumped with another asset to get essentially nothing but cap space in return, putting his value at something less than zero. That's not the Rockets fault, that's his -- Asik managed to have a positive trade value with the same contract. So, I'm glad he's going to love those that hate him and all that, but it's a wee bit unprofessional to complain about it as if he were being persecuted by the Rockets. He should recognize its the market, it relates to his own performance, and the remainder of the effect is financial dynamics and nothing to do with how much the organization respects him. At the same time, I recognize it's a hard thing to go through and he's only human. So, I'll cut him some slack.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sounds like Elaine Benes: "He's not sponge-worthy."

Jeremy's jersey isn't thread-worthy.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Making a mountain out of a molehill. Lin is likely out of here anyways and isn't going to return. Not sure why anyone cares at this point.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin has ($)25 million reasons or so not to feel too disrespected by the Rockets.</p>&mdash; Jeff Caplan (@Caplan_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/Caplan_NBA/statuses/484447246293798913">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

According to WOJ they did just that. Lin overly sensitive

15. TheresTheDagger

What about what I think?

I'm COMPLETELY offended Lin wore a Rockets #7 jersey.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

In all things contract I rely on Bima.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That's right. If Melo takes small paycut, Rockets don't even have to include Lin in Melo S&amp;T. Can roll Asik/NOP trade into 3-team deal.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/484362817886519296">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

As for everything else, the Woj is usually on point.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Not according to Lin's agents

18. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Question: if lebron comes on a visit and we use terrence jones #6 on a poster, will it even be mentioned?

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

Should have just have Melo #15

Problem averted.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Who cares if Lin is offended? We are trying to recruit a star here who happens to wear Lin's number. Not concerned about the feelings of a mediocre backup PG.

1 person likes this.