1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Subway Sandwich vs Vietnamese Sandwich

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jun 27, 2014.

Tags:
?

Subway Sandwich or Vietnamese Sandwich

1. Subway Sandwich

20 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Vietnamese Sandwich

138 vote(s)
    83.6%
  3. I don't eat carbs

7 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Like Cantonese, Vietnamese has many different tones so you might not get the exact pronunciation of all the foods. If you notice, it's actually written Phở with the accent mark, but it's one of the easier foods to pronounce.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ySSDmBVf9J8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/7324122" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/7324122">"I'm from Denver."</p>

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are required to wash them and you can tell how long it takes them in there, and the fact that they should do so at their station sink. Also You can see them grab the gloves on the outside with their hands. Don't know why this bothers you much. Oh, right. Eating fecal matter isn't an easy thought to swallow.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Mama Rosa's Pupuseria on hilcroft past Richmond is awesome. Made by 2 little old ladies

5. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Can't get fried egg rolls at Subway. Case closed!

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As someone who worked in food service for many years and who does architecture work for many restaurants now I'm going to tell you it's probably best not to think too much about what you're eating.

This doesn't just apply to Subway but to almost any restaurant. The vast majority of restaurants try to follow good sanitary practices but it is virtually impossible to keep up with a strict sanitary regimen in a busy restaurant.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yup. At dominos were were supposed to wash our hands after everything we made, any trip to the register, or any trip to the phone.

No one did that. Its impossible to make orders within the alloted time (30 sec.) And have 7 people wash their hands when there's only one sink.

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That is disgusting, especially when it comes to the register. You can't really blame the employees though considering the time restraints. Cash is one of the dirtiest things out there. I have always been a little obsessive about washing my hands after handling money and gas pump handles.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

I know. We also never had gloves. I dont mean they werent mandated- I mean like, we never had them in the store if you wantes them. Guess our owner was too cheap.

And my friends wondered why I never ate there when I worked there...

10. conquistador#11

sanguish cubano not getting any lov! you whiteys and your saurkraut from katz! damn i need to go to katz for one of those, suddenly in the mood.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

LOL... check the other sandwich thread... I mentioned Cubano.. and I'm white... OH NOes!

12. thisiscaketown

13. YourSecretLover

the chili cheese fries topped with pastrami is bomb

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I said it helps not to think about it. Anyway how many people wash their hands before they handle food at home, or clean and disinfect the floors and counters at home? Heck people let their pets roam all over the place even in the kitchen at home. While yes there is a lot of crap at restaurants for the most part the sanitary standards at homes are much lower.

It's always best to remember that we have an immune system to a reason.