1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Men's National Team at World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JonRetro, Jun 15, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Great to hear.

I wonder if he's healthy enough to start, or would come on as a sub

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't think they can start him. Can't risk re-injury early in the game, forcing another early sub. As I said earlier...if I'm setting the lineup, I start Wondo.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Every World Cup, without fail, us US fans try to suggest rules changes to soccer to improve the game, and the rest of the world does a face palm.

haha

I think soccer need more commercials. Look how successful that is in the Super Bowl.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I agree, as soon as someone flops they should cue it up. I would almost like to see a commercial rather than a grown man cry over something so painless.

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

I think it's the opposite. If he's healthy enough to play (or JK plans on playing him), then he has to start him. Better to burn a sub early than subbing him in then he reinjures himself and we have to go down to 10 men. In a game where we could conceivably go to extra time it's a dangerous risk.

6. leroy

True. His presence changes the flow for the US, too. Bradley will be back in his more natural position and hopefully would do the things we've been waiting for him to do.

7. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Yeah he's gotta be healthy enough to start. Coming on as a sub then re-injury would be devastating since they may not be able to sub him out.

8. leroy

Is it just me or does Algeria's anthem sound like something straight out of a Monty Python episode?

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

How have they been mentally fragile in the past year or so and why do you say they lack chemistry?

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Diego Costa style.

11. Cypress

Cypress Member

Folks we have ourselves a thriller.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just don't understand how anyone can pop a hamstring like that and come back so soon -- he needs to be 100% to be effective and there is no way he is.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's more that they are mentally fragile as a people from birth -- they feel at any time the country could be invaded and be forced to be a part of whatever team is attacking. They can't separate the game from reality -- there is a strong fear running through the country right now that if they lose to the US they will become the 51st state or be part of a weird population trade with The Netherlands.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We don't believe in Belgium waffles</p>&mdash; Waffle House (@WaffleHouse) <a href="https://twitter.com/WaffleHouse/status/483594118741123072" data-datetime="2014-06-30T12:53:17+00:00">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w_jHY1CXK0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BELGIUM, WE COMIN FOR YOU, N!

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I Believe that we will win !

DD

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I have one question:

Does the US, when taking a goal lead against a superior team (even marginally superior), just give up in trying to gain possession in the midfield and just stack everyone in the back praying the other team doesn't score?

I've seen that a lot from other teams as well. Why not try to win the ball in the middle instead of giving your opponents 10-15 straight chances, albeit heavily guarded, at your goal?

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Aren't they Belgian waffles?

anyways they suck

20. smr6

smr6 Member

He was just taking the group stages off. Just like he took the last Premier league season off. He's just saving his goals for now. UNLEASH THE ALTIDORE!