1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets pitch to Melo: contention, Dwight, and technology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Jun 30, 2014.

1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24602025/report-rockets-pitch-to-melo-contention-dwight-and-technology

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/06/rockets-pitch-to-carmelo-anthony-were-a-contender/#24500103=0&24688101=0

The Houston Chronicle has information on exactly how the Houston Rockets plan to pitch Carmelo Anthony on Tuesday to try and lure the free agent forward to Texas. The pitch will be focused on how signing with the Rockets means joining an instant contender instead of having to build toward one, and that Dwight Howard and the Rockets' technology emphasis will be part.

The thrust of the presentation will be about the Rockets' contention that Anthony, a 6-8 forward, would be joining a contender. According to an individual familiar with the plans, they would cite their roster, expected to include every starter off a 54-win team.

They will describe how Anthony, 30, would be used. They will use many of the same representatives -- owner Leslie Alexander, CEO Tad Brown, general manager Daryl Morey, coach Kevin McHale, former player Clyde Drexler, trainer Keith Jones and James Harden -- as those who landed Howard. Howard will also be a part of the presentation, replacing free agent Chandler Parsons on the welcoming committee.

But the Rockets will hope to use home-court advantage as they could not last season.

Howard's meetings were set up in Los Angeles, with the Rockets contingent making their appeal at a hotel dinner. On Wednesday, Anthony is scheduled to be at Toyota Center where the Rockets plan to pull out all the recruiting stops the $7 million upgrade to the basketball facilities allow.

As much as the Rockets will emphasize the more sober facts and figures related to team building, they plan to use their extensive collection of gadgetry, from the video boards and sound system in the locker room to the new weight room, video room and player's lounge in ways they could not last summer when recruiting Howard.

Gonna be interesting.....Wonder if fans are gonna go down there???

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

MOAR THREADZZZZ:eek:

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

You see who wasn't mentioned?

/CarlHerrera

:p

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Technology > Harden

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

You gotta get his wife Lala who seems very high maintenance. .. to consider Houston.. Morey needs to pitch a fast ball appealing to a family oriented atmosphere houston has to offer. I think the wife is the key to Anthony making this transition.

1 person likes this.
  6. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Harden is mentioned. Parsons isnt. Also wish Dream would be yhere. He's worked with Melo.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ef Lala.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

so we are pitching on tuesday then he's coming to toyota Wednesday? that's a lot of time in his ear...I like it

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Harden's gonna skype eh?

10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I think it Wednesday. Chronicle may have days mixed up.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wasn't Harden and Howard making a big deal on how they weren't going to recruit?
    Or were they strictly talking about before the official free agency period.

12. StrawberryJamm

Go home Clyde, they can handle it.

13. Fullcourt

So Melo is meeting with Chicago tonight, taking a day off, then meeting with texas teams on Wednesday?

14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

They weren't making a big deal, WE WERE. Plus, there's a difference between meeting with him and declaring publically you are recruiting him.

15. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Yeah , I wish Dream would be there also, the Legends the better.

16. Fullcourt

I assume they weren't going to reach out to them. That doesn't mean they won't be there as a part of the Rockets' contingent during the presentation to represent the player side of the organization. Melo and his team should have questions about all aspects of playing in Houston. Coaches, players, former players, front office members and whoever else can all provide different insights.

17. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I think Melo will be in Chicago tomorrow (Tuesday) and in Texas on Wednesday.

18. bmd

bmd Member

They need to offer lots of chocolate milk.

19. Fullcourt

Right, but he's still meeting with the Bulls tonight, even though it's technically Tuesday. This means he isn't doing anything tomorrow.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I thought harden and howard weren't recruiting anybody this time lol