1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Houston get Love
    Wolves get Jones, Gordon, Young, Canaan + picks
    Philli get Lin
    Hornets get Asik, Martin

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Add D-Mo for Philly or for the Wolves if they insist.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

In this scenario, I'd rather have Lin backing up Harden than Delfino. Delfino was at his best backing up Parsons & being the stretch 4.

I like the trade for Henson because he can also back up the 5, better rim protector & rebounder than either D-Mo or TJ.

4. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I'd love for us to explore a S&T of Parsons for Bledsoe. Much more likely for Parsons to cooperate with a move to Phoenix than Minnesota, and Bledsoe would be a PERFECT fit next to Harden.

Beverley would be the junk yard dog off the bench, and could play in some sets with Bledsoe like he did with Lin. That would be scary.

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Would also consider one for Rubio, but not as in love with that as Bledsoe (or Love for that matter if Parsons would go to Minnesota)

6. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

way past his prime. Hasn't played in years. Greatest contribution was getting injured so we could have the privilege of seeing Tom Brady play

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

how about this? any adjustments?

pels get a replacement sg in martin. minny gets solid young talent and 2 serviceable pfs, along with a replacement for martin. phillies take lin off our hands and get capela (maybe also gentile?) + casspi, for playing the small 4.

we get the holy grail.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lin to some team for cap space and future second

Asik to Pelicans for 1st rd pick

S&T Parsons, Jones, Motiejunas, Capela, NOP 1st, HOU 2015 & 2017 1st, multiple future 2nd rd picks for Love, Martin and Budinger

Beverley/Canaan/Johnson
    Martin/Daniels/Gentile
    Harden/Budinger
    Love
    Howard

Fill in front court bench with free agents.

That's the best trade we could offer minny for Love (If it's not a 3 or 4 way deal).

9. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Interesting. I never really thought about it, but why couldn't Harden play the 3 full time? He's strong and probably tall enough.

That team you posted has incredible three point shooting ability.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

we would get beasted against lbj/durant with harden at the 3

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If I remember correctly, we put Harden on Lebron and Durant just as much as we did Parsons this season. Harden did a good job when guarding them too.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Can the rockets...

Trade lin to gsw for their traded player exception
    Then
    Sign melo/lebro
    Then
    s&t parsons, demo and whatever picks they want for Kevin love?

Bev,Cannan
    Harden,Daniels
    Melo/Lebron,???
    Love,Jones
    Howard,???

13. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

nope. not at a reasonable contract figure for melo/LBJ at least.

14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

It would be the same amount as they would be able to offer them in the first place. Around 17 starting off. Then go over the cap to sign parsons and trade him to minny.

15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

oh I misunderstood your post, my bad. I thought you meant Melo and LeBron. That being said I still don't think it's possible because parsons being involved in a S&T at say $12M a year would only count as $6M in salary being sent out.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Oh, I didn't know that a S&T salary is cut in half...

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like the fact you routed Thad Young to Minny. They are looking for TRUE quality players in their Love trade. I think what you have here with picks added is something to keep in mind.

18. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I truly hope the Rockets can land Kevin Love, as I think he fills the team's primary need, a stretch 4. The fact that he is a top 15 player makes it that much sweeter. Love would fit better and do more for the Rockets than any of the other big time free agents, even Lebron. He has great size, ridiculous range for a PF, great vision/passing skills and is a Top 5 rebounder.

But even with all those attributes, I think the proposed offers to get Love are overkill, specifically in regards to the number/quality of draft picks proposed to be offered in any deal to get Love. Seriously, 3-4 1st rounders, a couple 2nd rounders plus Parsons, TJ, Casspi and DMO, etc?

I know hypotheticly Minny will throw in KMart and CBud to rid themselves of their contracts, and possibly Barea or Shved. In taking back this dead weight, except for Bud if he can have a couple healthy months, the same goes for KMart. Its mostly dead weight and wasted money, which is a huge favor to do for Minny. I think it only fair if we take one of those bad contracts at the most, and NO's 1st rounder or 2 of our 1st rounders, but that's it.

Taking back all those contracts, while sending them at least 2 starters and one 1st rounder and as many 2nd rounders as Morey doesn't want to do research on is more than a fair trade for Love. Yes, He is super-talented and thus he has a high trade value, but we must be realistic, as must the Wolves, and we all have to remember that he is no leader, has injury concerns, throws his teammates under the bus when they cant close out games as a team, and even with all his talent, has simply been the best player on a truly horrific team his entire career. And his stat-sheet stuffing career averages can in some part be attributed to his putting up as many shots as he wanted on this awful wolves' team, taking ill-advised 3's just cuz he could and appearing to take a page out of Moses Malone's guide to easy double-doubles, getting tons of offensive rebounds on missed tip-ins..

I hope we get Love, but only at about half the cost in players and draft picks as you proposed. And Kyle Lowry, or better yet, Eric Bledsoe.

19. R=$

R=$ Member

Incoming Players
    Josh Smith
    28 year old , 6-9, 225 lb PF from Oak Hill Academy (Virginia)
    16.4 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 3.3 apg in 35.5 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Jeremy Lin
    25 year old , 6-3, 200 lb G from Harvard
    12.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 28.9 minutes in 2013-2014
    Terrence Jones
    22 year old , 6-9, 252 lb PF from Kentucky
    12.1 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 27.3 minutes in 2013-2014
    Donatas Motiejunas
    23 year old , 7-0, 222 lb C from Benetton Treviso (Italy)
    5.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.4 minutes in 2013-2014

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Josh Smith is awful for this team. Not a chance.