1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see why it would matter if they did, by the time they could offer him a max deal, the Rockets FA period will be effectively over and they can match.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Because there is a cap. And 4 max players (assuming we get a 3rd star) is impossible to add bench players too.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This year, sure, but going forward there would be MLE's and whatnot. Also, it would be a super solid roster for 4 or 5 years most likely.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Feels like Parsons is playing with us the same way Morey did with Millsap.

5. basketballholic

You just made the right case, trey. Just take Parsons out of the equation and you've got the general idea. Love and a bunch of salary leaving Minny. One good player and some decent picks coming back leaving Minny with cap room.

Just take Parsons out of the equation and go from there.

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Im sure you can throw the Suns in their as another suitor for Parsons...I mean why not? they got the cap room...

7. Remii

Remii Member

Morey's worst nightmare is coming true. He's going to have to sign Parsons to a ridiculous contract to keep him.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Any chance we could trade Lin and some picks for cap space, then sign Lebron, and then sign & trade Parsons along with D-Mo to NYC for Melo?

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

U ok bruh? Parsons is nowhere near Hayward

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don't know defensively, but offensively they are nearly identical. I suppose Hayward is a little more reliant on mid-range while Parsons drives often, hence slightly lower %'s. Primary difference is Hayward has done this virtually by himself, at least this year.

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think Hayward is the better player/prospect but it is a very debatable position. In fact many if not most here believe Parson is the atleast equal to if not better than Hayward.

12. jdjd

jdjd Member

This would make us an unbeatable fantasy team to keep Harden and get Melo and Lebron, but my guess would be the salaries of Parson and DMo don't come close to the amount of Melo. But never underestimate the power of Morey.

13. Remii

Remii Member

It doesn't matter. The Rockets gave a max contract to a guy coming off the bench. Sometimes teams have to overpay and take that risk to get the player they want. Nicolas Batum got a 4 year $46 million contract. I think that's where the bidding will start for Parsons.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Will someone do the poison pill? :(

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Why would he Suns offer Gordon Hayward that max deal if they are promoting a lebron/Carmelo partnership?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Batum's deal is a good contract to look at as it relates to Parsons.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol Parsons is much better the Hayward. Only thing Hayward has over Parsons is being almost 2 years younger.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think a lot of people disagree. I know in a semi recent free agent article Zach Lowe put out he basically said Parsons was a much more accomplished player and expected that Parsons would get more money.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

They won't. Just BS reporting.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not sure if you are trying too hard to not be a homer or what. There stats are very similar, but Parsons is much more efficient on offense. You could make a case for either I'm sure, but saying Parsons is nowhere near Hayward? I'm genuinely curious what led you to that conclusion.