1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets finalizing deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 25, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Omer Asik for cap space and a protected first rounder?

1. YES

589 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

79 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see him walking away from that extra year, and NO obviously wants him there long term.

2. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I foresee Lin being traded along with this pick to Philly or possibly New York (not part of a Sign & Trade). I'd say they'd send #25 with him as well, but it looks like Morey might wait to trade Lin until he is certain we are getting one of the big fish.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding New Orleans giving up firsts in two consecutive years, I'm told this deal will happen officially in July. By then, that's legal.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/481986492357566464">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets had talked about sending Asik to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson, but could not get much traction.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/481986696511111169">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Harden for Melo?!:eek: It's really happening:eek:

I have a feeling Linsanity is going back to NYC:eek:

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

This would be to pair LeBron AND Melo with Dwight, with LeBron coming in as a FA, and giving up Harden (in a Sign & Trade) to get Melo.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not exactly thrilled either but its a cap move for Melo/Lebron. + another asset for Love? I've learned to trust Morey when he makes moves like this.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

To appease the Taiwanese fans once Lin is traded?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/16822/chris-andersen-takes-flight-in-miami

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I think this Harden S&T crap is being put out there to cause friction. Harden isn't going anywhere...I hope.

9. treeman

treeman Member

Tying this with cyberx's report about Lowry, this makes sense. If we can get one of the big FAs to commit, we're already halfway there, and we pull the trigger on Lin. If we don't, we're pretty much there with the space to add Lowry. Only problem there is if we end up stuck with Lin and sign Lowry... We've got an extra PG. Unless Lin becomes Harden's backup?

If we see Lin go soon then I will take that as a sign that we're getting one of the big FAs.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This is still good regardless if we strike out...

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"No one is trying to help the Rockets. It's gonna be hard to move Asik and Lin."

Please tell me one of you have hit up Mannix. :)

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I would hate to trade Harden for Melo. I really hope Doc is right.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

They have his bird rights and can out bid anyone. I think an elite defensive and elite rebounding center is easily worth 10 to 12 million on his next contract.

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Oh those Knicks fans salivating at the chance to land Harden:grin:!

Morey won't trade Harden for Melo.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Shamsports list New Orleans as having just barely enough capspace to fit Asik and that's if they renounce a lot of their less players. I wonder if there's another trade in the works or a 3-way deal.

16. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

I think it is more that Harden game is closer to melo/lebrons

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hate that we had to send him to NO. Davis and Asik will be a great tandem in the frontcourt. I'm kind of disappointed to be honest with you because I think this makes them a formidable team if they can keep guys healthy. That said, we had to trade Asik and everybody knew it. We also couldn't take back salary which limited our trading partners significantly. It had to be done and a potential lottery pick is fine, I just wish we could have sent him East.

18. TheresTheDagger

I don't think we have enough cap space to sign Lowry to a contract he would accept without dumping Lin. Most of our other players don't make enough to add much to our cap space if we traded them instead.

19. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

If we are waiting until July to make this official, it is possible we could incorporate a third team (the Knicks) to do a sign and trade for Melo, involving Lin and the Pels pick, and the Rockets 2015 pick going to the Knicks. This would let us keep our MLE too.

Harden will not be going anywhere.

1 person likes this.
  20. jets fool

jets fool Member

I'm gonna miss ahh sh**.....lin ur up next