1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dario Saric likely to stay overseas Two Years

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Jpripper88, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11122639/nba-prospect-dario-saric-agrees-principle-three-year-deal-turkish-team

Why might this matter for the Rockets? Well, Saric sliding to the mid 1st might make him the perfect stash option and he could land at picks on teams that would be very interested in an Asik trade, like Atlanta, Boston and Phoenix. Mid 1st is probably also the right value for Asik with no salary return to Houston. It is doubtful the Rockets would commit to the deal at the draft and before getting a commitment from a top FA, but it may just work out perfectly for a set up trade or something even midseason involving a 3rd team.

Just (IMO) a very intriguing option and possible asset that may make a lot of sense for the Rockets over the next year, without a salary commitment to hinder their pursuit of a top FA like LeBron or Carmelo.

1 person likes this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Wrong forum.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It would be the most beautiful thing if we could draft and stash him at 25 or trade Asik to the Hawks for his draft rights.

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

My whole point for posting was in terms of him falling to a point where we would be able to trade Asik for his rights in a move to clear cap space for even more roster moves.

But I understand your disagreement, at face value.

5. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I guess I was overruled. Oh well.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Agree. Thought the same thing with the news... possibility to get a better talent that doesn't take up cap space. I'd be willing to bet it's a big consideration.

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Draft n Stash

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Saric is just another young Euro who can't shoot but gets compared to Nowitski. Not surprising those guys end up being NBA busts.

Cibona is one of the worst teams in Europe.

9. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Interesting.

I'm not too overwhelmed by reading his scouting report (not projected to be a great shooter and he's not very strong for his position), but he does seem like the type of forward that the Rockets like since he has advanced ballhandling skills and court vision for the position, can rebound and start the break. Sounds a lot like Royce White and Terrence Jones in that regard.

Excerpt from Nbadraft.net:
    "Strength: At 6’10 it is very hard to find anyone in the world with the skills he possesses to play with or without the ball anywhere on the court ... He can push it in transition as well as posting up with good results ... His feel for the game is what really separates him from many other “Point forwards” ... In Europe he can easily play as a 3 or 4 thanks to his court vision and decision making, very rare for a player of his height ... Perhaps his 2nd greatest strength is his aggressiveness on the boards ... He really is able to capture rebounds and quickly transform those rebounds in transition opportunity directly pushing the ball or making accurate outlet passes to teammates ..."

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yeah, his upside is huge and the stash potential is a great fit for Houston. His shot needs work, but apparently has been improving. If he can get that to a good level and get stronger over the next two years, he could be a high level player.

11. ch44

ch44 Member

He won't make it past the Nuggets

12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Made it to the Magic at 12, 1 pick past the Nuggets.

I know it is extremely unlikely, but man Jeremy Lin, the 25th, a future 2nd and DMo for Dario Saric could be a heck of a fit now that Orlando took him after trading Afflalo...

13. omgTHEpotential

14. omgTHEpotential

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/phmrXQd27R8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>